Stem and leaves turning purple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Stem and leaves turning purple

I’ve got a strain of Magnum Fem Auto growing in soil on a 22/2 light schedule with 2 450w LED lights, one above the plant and the other facing the plant directly. I’ve noticed the main stem and the under side of the leaves are starting to turn purple. The tips of some of the leaves are also starting to change color. Is this normal or an issue?

Hello! It looks like you are under some purple lighting which makes it extremely difficult to see the true colors of the plant. I suggest taking pics outside the tent in good white lighting so we can see it properly. If you have red stems could be a magnesium or phosphorous deficiency but im leaning towards magnesium since it's the tips of the leaves and from what i can see. I have purple stems but the leaves are fine. If it were just the stems i wouldnt worry but since the leaves are being effected you may want to think about adding a source of magnesium. Like i said tho, better pics would make me more sure of the diagnosis cause i cant tell if it's just the lighting or an issue.

Comment

I looked up Magnum (it appears to be by Buddha Seeds), and I can’t find anywhere that shows or mentions a purple phenotype. If it were me, I’d definitely be leaning towards deficiency. Out of curiosity, what are your low/night temps like?
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Here are some updates pics. Temps in the room are around 72-80 degrees throughout the day/night.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really that cool, then. Sometimes those cool temps bring out colors, but I’m thinking of closer to 65F.

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you just have some purple weed with the PH off just a little.

Thanks for the updated pics! So what i see could be several things. It could be strain related. Some strains turn purple. That said it could be a deficiency or root issue too. The leaf tips look a little weird which could be nute burn or a deficiency. The purple under the leaf makes me think it has something in the genetics tho. I looked it up too and it didnt have a lineage available and just says "Magnum: A high caliber strain of mysterious origins, Buddha Seeds took a variety of powerful ruderalis, indica, and sativa strains to create this auto-flowering hybrid." What are you using for nutes? How is your ph?

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, the descriptions of it are so vague that I eventually just started looking at various images of it.

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah i looked it up on strain finder and it just says "Unknown Sativa" and "Unknown Indica" as the parents....great...thats useful....I didnt see any purps in the pics either

• jrich8447
        jrich8447 commented
        Editing a comment
        I kind of wondered if it was strain related. I grew mag last go around and some of the buds did start turning purple, but it wasn’t until later in the grow. Although the leaves never got purple on that plant. PH is good, between 6-7. I’ve got these powdered nutes a grower gave me a while back, they’ve been working good so far in previous grows. I’ll try upping the nutes to see if that helps.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X