Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto's - stalled bud growth but new stems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto's - stalled bud growth but new stems?

Hi everyone,

I've got 4 auto Moby Dick XXL (Dinafem) growing under a 3200K CDMH light, one of them seems to have stalled in thickening up the buds and has gone on to grow new shoots.

As it looks like, it seems like it has started to re-veg.

i've attached a pic showing the new shoots that are coming up circled in red.

What will happen next, once those shoots start to flower?
    Will the existing under developed buds start growing again as well once all buds are 'equal' again?

Hydro system, each plant in its own seperate 42L (total volume) bucket, 2 air stones per bucket.
    25L water when doing water change.
    6" net pots with clay pebbles.

first grow in these buckets and using CDMH lights.

Thanks for idea's, thoughts, answers...

FDP
    GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
    2x CDMH 315W lights
    870m3/hr fan
    8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

I'm confused. You said it's an auto but also said it re-vegged? That shouldnt be possible from what i understand. I agree if it starts growing new growth in flower then it probably re-vegged but an auto shouldnt be able to do that. Has the plant been under extreme stress? If so maybe it's a reaction to that stress...

Comment

• FlyingDutchPaddy
      FlyingDutchPaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      stress... i don't know...

early in their lives they endured quite a breeze in the tent, that i found out about only after standing inside the tent & zipping it up again, and observe the plants.
      i've been limiting that breeze by deflecting the incoming air with the lids of 4 (still unused but soon to be put into commision) identical buckets.

i have another 4 buckets on the other side of the tent with pineapple express that are 2 weeks now - going well.

typically a water change will last about 4 to 5 hours where roots are out to dry, though that hasnt been an issue before.

temps haven't been over 25C in the last 4 weeks...

no bugs or anything (touch wood) inside the tent.

about 2 weeks ago i raised the light by about half a foot because it was feeling kinda warmish at the highest point of the big plant on the left (overview pic).

these are the seeds they came from: https://www.dinafem.org/en/moby-dick-xxl-autoflowering/

lighting is 20/4

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      It's strange man, i'm not really sure tbh. I have some experience with autos but not a ton so maybe it can happen. I found this thread tho it doesnt really say anything, just that someone else has had the issue too. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...toflower-reveg

Side note, how old is the plant? I saw some stuff about autos being able to be re-vegged after harvest tho who know if it's true or not. https://www.rollitup.org/t/can-you-r...arvest.908818/

• FlyingDutchPaddy
      FlyingDutchPaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for those 2 links, interesting read...

one mention on the GWE link was root rot.

they all have some form of brownish roots, though nothing slimy or earthly smelling.
      also plenty of white root strands amongst the brown ones.

i dont have hydroguard, seems theres very few alternatives for it in the EU, unless you count AN sensizym... expensive! (and not too effective last time i tried)

Feeding given so far upto week 7.
    tomorrow would be week 8, but attached pic shows what i've given so far.
    2x CDMH 315W lights
    870m3/hr fan

Comment

Week 8 of feeding, week 9 since planting.

2 plants gave started showing new growth in the form of new branches.

pics of plant 1 and 2 showing the new growth, and a closeup of the 1st showing old & new growth next to each other.

of note, about 2 weeks ago I gave them a foliar spray...
      1L pH'ed water with nutrients, and fulvic acid + seaweed.

the only thing of interest, and what may be the significant factor, is that seaweed extracts help promote branching.....

if so, could that be a method of giving auto's a 'second round' of life?

but the main question remains: will the old buds continue to develop when the new growth is at the same stage?
      2x CDMH 315W lights
      870m3/hr fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X