How accurate are CBD/THC%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How accurate are CBD/THC%

Unfortunately, I live in a state that still outlaws the purchase of THC products. Luckily, I can buy cbd flower online though. What I’m wondering is, how accurate are the cbd/THC percentages advertised for the flower? I assume they send in a couple buds for testing and then say the whole strain is the exact same. It seems crazy to believe that the percentages remain consistent across the entire strain. Hopefully I’m making sense. Any thoughts?
    Current Grow:
    • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
    • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
    • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
    ​​​​Nutrients
    • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
    • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
    • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
    • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
    • Flower Fuel bloom booster

You have to send in 2 samples of each strain in our state . The numbers are based on these samples. It would be astronomically expensive to test each plant and change labels for each plant when packaged. That being said yes the numbers will not be exactly the same for each sample but they should be relatively close.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      Any idea what they charge to test, or if there are home kits for testing (other than sparking one up)?

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Its $85 per sample on average.

These are what you get back. Some labs are total crap. I saw one that had 120% thc. And others with total cannaboids over 100%. Obviously it cant be over 100%. The labeling is not checked by any agency so people could put whatever numbers they want and get away with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191116_205602.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	350132Click image for larger version

Name:	20191116_205636.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	350133

It is more than just cbd though that determines how much it will help you. For example the Franklin above is better for pain than the AC/DC even though it has lower cbd and cannaboids. I've tried every sample of cbd flower I've found and have not found one better than Franklin.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been considering a CBD-heavy strain, but I was thinking a 1:1 ratio would be nice. Do you have a recommendation? The Franklin sounds nice, but I really like getting high when I smoke.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Critical Mass CBD, Nebula CBD, Royal Queen seeds Pain Killer

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      I picked up some Otto 2 Franklin and it wasn’t the best looking, but worked well. I’d have to say my favorite so far is Suver Haze. That stuff always hits the spot.

Greenlivin , is it safe to say your wondering if any CBD stuff you are trying to formulate has the actual potency the finished product is supposed have? This is my concern as according to every dosing calculator on line says....”wow’ loaded with goodies per teaspoon but the actual user says... ‘hmmm I don’t think it did anything ?”

Comment

Heres a thought even different parts of the same plant vary in potency, the amount of THC/CBD in the big buds is greater than whats in larf.
      Lab testing here has a way to go, results are all over the place on the same plant. Some oil purchased and the dude went back for more of this great stuff. But the next was bunk, he took it back, they tested several samples and pulled it from the shelf as nothing matched the labeled test results.
      I have also read there are no standards,,,

Comment

My realization As I sit here early on Sunday morning, waiting for daylight to break and still a bit dazed from sleep: “oh, this is F ed up. It’s like finding something out I didn’t know was likely so but seems so logical. Not the testing because that’s human involvement and subject to assholes playing with computers and printers. I can go and replicate a form and make it say anything I need.... But that the plants production is like anything else in the world. Raise cattle and You’ve got the filet, ribs, ham or the hooves. Not a hoof lover.

is it likely only the nicer buds are worth harvesting and the rest goes in the pot for stew? Damn, it’s early in the morning

has anyone tried to test using one of the home chromatography kits?. Nebula told me when she tested for the herbsnow dryer, those 4 tests were in excess of $800.

Comment

• Greenlivin
          Greenlivin commented
          Editing a comment
          What gets me is they will grow a crop of a certain strain, send in a couple grams to test, and then say everything for that strain is x,y,z. We definitely have a ways to go with testing.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Greenlivin. 100%. Never thought about it this way...standardization is non-existent

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X