Yet another “Yet Another ‘Is it ready yet?’ thread” - Purple Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another “Yet Another ‘Is it ready yet?’ thread” - Purple Edition

EDIT: Please see trichome pics too. They aren’t showing on the post, but they’re there if you go to the photos.

Please forgive the poor meta-humor in the title. I’m high and I felt vaguely clever for a moment.
    I’m wondering if my Crystal METH (by FastBuds) is ready to harvest. She doesn’t appear to have amber trichomes, really, but she has some purple stalked trichomes and a rare few purple pinpointed-head trichomes. Tons of cloudy trics, though, so I know she should get me high.
    Also, I’m looking for this to be a non-couchlock, daytime friendly bud, so harvesting before too much amber is a good thing.
    Finally, I don’t really think she’s going to fatten. If you look at the non-macro pics, you can see several I took of a top calyx stretching out on a stalk to reach above the other buds. Saw one of those a few months ago on here. But anyway, she’s spindly and fox-tailish by nature, it would seem. I just don’t see a lot more bud coming in, despite the few white stigma still popping up.
    Last edited by s62; 11-16-2019, 02:13 PM.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Lookin sexy. Following along to learn.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Sorry to bump, but I just wanted to see if more people had input today. The forum was slow yesterday. I would like to harvest this girl tonight if you all agree it’s ready. But I’d love to know if you think it needs more time. Want to hear opinions before I do something rash, lol (*snips pruning shears maniacally).
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Yeah man. If the trichs are cloudy and no clears and thats what you are looking for then i would chop her. Personally, i might wait until i see at least a few amber as i find that not having any amber can mess with my anxiety (esp if it's an sativa) at times but if thats not an issue for you then it should be fine imo.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s a good point. I don’t want to tip off my anxiety with some speedy stuff, but honestly my tolerance is so high, I doubt it would impact me. Thanks!

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          you could harvest a little of it and let the rest go until you see amber and do an experiment to see where you like the trichs on this strain so next time you grow it you wont have to guess! Just a thought!

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s a great idea! Unfortunately, this is a Pygmy plant (aka tiny), so there’s really not much room for a partial harvest. I’ve got one more seed though, so when I grow it, I’ll try exactly that. Thanks for the idea!

s62, I don't see any amber yet, but that may just be the picture. I would give it another week. My mantra is "If you think they're ready, wait a week." On another note. You really should invest in a jewelers loop about 50x magnification and you won't ever have to guess again. It's also helpful if you're looking for bugs.
        I would pull all the dead leaves off the plants.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Part of my concern is that I’ve read that some purple strains never turn amber; they just stay cloudy or turn purple. That’s why I was wondering if maybe she was ready. Also, if you zoom in on my pics, you can see the trichomes pretty clearly. I may still get a loupe sometime, but my macro lens does ok, I guess.
          Thank you!!!

I just wanted to follow through on this thread. I harvested my purple beauty, and in doing so, found a lot of pink/purple trichomes, which I think may be this plant’s amber equivalent. I’ll let you know how she turns out after drying and curing a couple of months, but I think the time was right. I hope my earlier pics can help someone make the decision to cut at the right time!
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          I like them, may have to try to grow them.

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          If my last attempt at it (second attempt died as a sprout because its roots didn’t escape the seed) goes better than my first, I’ll buy them again someday. I want to see how this last one does.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          How interesting about the trichomes, you got this right s62. For sure next grow of these you'll know. Did you keep track of when it started to flower till harvest, (dumb question on my part of course you did ) That is lovely cola in your hand. I sure hope my black cherry punch gets dark buds, don't think they'll be like yours but never know what pheno she'll turn to. Sure is pretty. Congrats. Way to hang in there

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X