Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened and should I harvest now?

Hi, I'm looking for feedback!

So it seems my leaves have a disease or some kind of problem, but the flowers seem okay...?

This is only my 2nd attempt at growing. I'm growing in a part of the world that is very very humid, in a box outside, covered with nylon screen on walls and top, to keep bugs out, and a transparent plastic on top to let sun in but keep too much rain from getting in (I water by hand.) We get about 12 hours a day of sun and 12 hours a day of darkness.

The plants seem to grow well but always grow very short before flowering, with a tiny root system. I have tried various soils and fertilizers but I think maybe (?) these seeds (from some stuff I smoked) are perhaps ruderalis, designed to grow small? I've tried growing in bigger pots and it makes no difference, they still grow small. My lettuce and cabbage and other plants grow normally in the same growing box!

The last 3 plants I grew 4-5 months ago, were all the same size as these (small) but did not have this leaf issue. The last plants tasted pretty good and get me high enough. I mostly smoke it for relaxation and anti-inflammation, not to get super high so I'm not looking to grow the most super-duper strong stuff in the world. In fact I prefer it weaker!

So here are the pics. Any comments are appreciated as to what caused the leaves to look like that. (over-watering? under-watering? Wind? Disease? bugs?)

And also if you can give me any feedback as to if they look ready to harvest and dry now? I'm thinking Yes.
    Thanks in advance for your feedback! Here are photos!

Hi LesThannewbie i am not an experienced grower it is my second grow now. I would check this link out on GWE https://www.growweedeasy.com/10-step...bis-grow-guide I wish i could help more but i am a newbie also and i would never give any advice unless i was 100% sure. My first grow was out side and it was terrible! Check this out too https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures you might see a picture of a problem that looks like yours. Best of luck!
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

You plant needs a bigger pot.

Comment

Lots of things done wrong there Les best to start reading and learning. 25posts under your name, I think by posting these plants are a repeat of past grows of yours. Time to rethink how you grow. Ask and you shall get answers what you do with lessons are up to you. Best of luck
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

If the light is always 12 hours or more of darkness the plants will start flowering almost immediately. They need more light hours.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Okay, yes, I got the message re the 12 hour grow just a few days ago. I hadn't noticed that someone posted that last time because I didn't get notifications of posts. So now I'm going to take that into consideration.

Sometimes I get conflicting information so it's hard to know who's right and who's wrong.
            Last time someone said my plants are ruderalis which means meant to grow small. That made sense to me... But not sure if it's the Truth or not...?

As to a bigger pot, if the roots are always only taking up 1/2 of the space of the pot, would that indicate I still need a bigger pot? My friend who is a gardener of other types of plants said that he didn't think a bigger pot would make a difference. I had to agree, it seems logical when the roots were only about half way or less down into the bottom. But I'll try it.

Having just recently seen the 12 hour light post and link, I apologize for not taking that advice - since I had not seen it until now I couldn't have taken it previously.

No one commented on the leaves or if it's ready to harvest based on the photo...? My gardener friend says it's probably not going to grow much more at this point if any, so I am thinking it's time to harvest.

And in spite of all the stuff I've done wrong, hey, I still have 3 plants that are going to give me some decent smoke, so to me it's not that bad. It's a success. Maybe not ultimate success, but success!

As to the 12 hour light info, if there's something I can do about that (I haven't had time to read the link yet but will before the next grow), then I will certainly use that info for the next batch.
            As to the bigger pot, I'll try that too, even though it seems illogical to me. Could be you're right!

Comment

Originally posted by Spidermite View Post
              If the light is always 12 hours or more of darkness the plants will start flowering almost immediately. They need more light hours.
              I get it but I am limited to growing outside, I don't have room nor interest in growing under lights. So I deal with what I got to deal with. I have'nt read the link someone gave me about how to grow under outdoor 12-hour light conditions. But if it requires lights, I won't be doing it. I have to grow where I grow.

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
                Lots of things done wrong there Les best to start reading and learning. 25posts under your name, I think by posting these plants are a repeat of past grows of yours. Time to rethink how you grow. Ask and you shall get answers what you do with lessons are up to you. Best of luck
                Hmmm. 3 threads over 6 months does not seem that excessive to me. If it is then I apologize and if it is considered too much I can bother someone in another forum somewhere. Just let me know.

Another thing is, no one has to answer. I appreciate all the help I can get but don't want to "put anyone out" if they find it too much trouble to give me feedback.

By the way, from the original posts' replies 6 months ago, I did try a bigger pot (maybe still not big enough), and I did try other fertilizer, and I did research a bit on ruderalis and from what I can tell, I'm thinking these are ruderalis plants. But I'm certainly not an expert so maybe they're not. I did read a lot on drying and curing and was going to ask about that, but maybe I shouldn't.
                Last edited by LesThannewbie; 11-17-2019, 11:39 AM.

Comment

LesThannewbie It would take only a small house bulb to brake the 12 hours dark, you would not have to have a powerhouse light. I used a 60 watt eq LED on mine, and not even close to them, it was the porch light about 30 feet from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                    LesThannewbie It would take only a small house bulb to brake the 12 hours dark, you would not have to have a powerhouse light. I used a 60 watt eq LED on mine, and not even close to them, it was the porch light about 30 feet from them.
                    Thanks for that info. I'll see what I can do. I don't want to attract attention to my outdoor 4ft x 4ft grow box though. Maybe I can rig something up.

Does it have to be a white 60w bulb? Could it be yellow?
                    I have a yellow lamp about 25 feet from my plants - a patio light. I can change it to white if need be but if yellow would work that would be best for me.
                    Last edited by LesThannewbie; 11-18-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X