No announcement yet.

Leaf issue close to harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on the plant, usually I take all the fan leaves And more if the buds seem to need it. Allowing plenty of air Helps the buds fatten up, Knowing they have little time left. Each plant is different but it's amazing how much growth They can achieve in their last days.

Nebula Haze says“Some plants are procrastinators “ I've seen plants I had practically given up on, produce Awesome trophy buds in the last week before the cold weather.

Since you have two similar plants, It’ll be interesting seeing the final results using different methods.

I find defoliating Results in dense fat top shelf Buds compared to more leafy homegrown ish looking buds.

A lot of different opinions and controversy about defoliation. I grew my first sensimilla plant by accident in 1980. Ever since I've used this method Always been happy with the results. I hope this helps, Happy growing.
    Perpetual Harvests
    Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
    Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
    2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Comment

So one lady got a trim today. The other had a fresh water root bath overnight.

I forgot to take pics. But anyways...the root bath was for 12 hrs. Basically 6 hours of dark then 6 hours light by 9AM. At first she looked unfazed. So I decided to put her back into a fresh bucket of nutes. After a few more hours she was looking a little perkier. I’ll keep a close watch on her to see if the bath helped.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• FarmerJoe
        FarmerJoe commented
        Editing a comment
        YYCannabis Sounds good, you got it under control . I appreciate the update & look forward to seeing your final results. Thanks for sharing

YYCannabis well, a prudent approach to that. I hope 6 hours was enough for each cycle. I ve read on a few locations that feeding is best done in the morning and they mean feeding or watering. I have done both many times after 9 hours of light leaving only 3 hours for the metabolizing process in "daylight". I am always wondering what kind on quantitative measurments might be possible under those procedures but ususally anything along those lines would be long term effects regarding growth in any form and not something I may discover in a 24 hour period other than extremes.

Would like to see a few pictures a few days from now to see how their looking. They surely look good in the other photos youve posted. Always the best of luck to you

Comment

UPDATE

Just finished trimming and jarring the twin that was not defoliated, but only had the root bath. She yielded 110 grams. Her sister that got a good trimming will be jarred and weighed later this week.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X