Keeping water in a resevoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping water in a resevoir

Just curious. How many of you fine growers keep water in a resevoir rather then watering your plants right out of the faucet? I keep a 40 gal. plastic garbage can to store my water in.

I use a 60L tote, typically has 30 L in it (and an airstone)

also - Im hydro - so a spare res in the grow room is handy

Comment

Depends on how lazy I'm being. I'm growing in DWC, so in a perfect world, I'm keeping two large totes with air stones, one with a full strength nutrient solution and one with just water, depending on what I need to top up with and provide an emergency rez change if anything looks off. It's basically the same amount of work as doing it without a spare rez, just lets you clump it up more so most trips to the garden are quick, but you do have the longer days eventually.

Comment

after i water i always refill the 3 gal or 2 gal (or both) buckets i used to mix nutes to let the chlorine evaporate...this is based on the recommendation of my local grow store...no idea if it's necessary or beneficial...

Comment

I keep water in a resevoir because the water coming out of my faucet is very cold and I don't want to shock my plants.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny I do the same thing.

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Great mind think alike.

Use a reservoir for the Autopot system I am currently using. Before I usually used a couple 5 gallon pails to let the chlorine dissipate before watering.

Comment

I'm growing in soil and have to be away from my photo girls for about 10 days. I'm planning a temp auto watering system using a reservoir but am wondering how to control the PH? Any suggestions?
            Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
            Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

PH it like you always do. If you mix the PH adjuster per gallon, Then continue that way. The PH in your water isn't going to fluctuate too much in 10 days, if at all. For example if you use 1 teaspoon of PH adjuster per gallon and you have a 5 gal. resevoir, then give it 5 teaspoons.

Comment

I have well water that's cold I fill my 1/2gal milk jugs and let them sit for days until I use them again. So they might be 65f I've not tested temp. of water.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• kingfish
                  kingfish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SoOrbudgal, I have a well also and know what it feels like when I'm in the shower and accidentally get hit with a blast of cold water. I'm sure my plants feel the same.

Our well water is about 54F and pretty consistently. So my guess is the earth’s temperature 220 feet down is 54.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X