Mold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mold?

Hello GWE! I think i might have a problem i went to water my plants today and i noticed this on the sides and bottom of my fabric pot. Im growing NL x Blueberry and WW autos in 3 gallon fabric pots with coco coir and perlite 70/30 mix, using GH trio with calmag, PH the water and run off. I also use food grade diatomaceous earth.The pot sits on a wire plant stand to keep it from sitting flat on the pie plate. There is no mold on my plants. Its actually hard and crusty. Could this be just minerals from nutes and diatomaceous earth? My RH is 30 - 35% and temp is 21c - 28c. I have a carbon scrubber with an exhaust fan in my tent and a 6" oscillating fan with a 450W viparspectra LED. Do you think it is mold? Thanks in advance and for all the guidance the GWE forum has given me.
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Nah that's just salt buildup from nutes. I get it on my fabric pots. That's why i never test ph or ppm of runoff.

Comment

Woo im so glad it is not mold! I read an article on here about white powdery mold i was freaking out! Thanks again Tersky! You have been a great help!
      2 small 6" fans
      Promix HP

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Np man. First time i saw it i freaked too. It also explained why my runoff was so different from what i put in. My advice? Don't worry about testing runoff with fabric pots. I chased imaginary ph issues and killed a couple plants cause once the salts really build up the runoff washes some of that salt into the runoff tainting the runoff. I ph to 6.0 every time and water to 10-20% runoff and never test runoff and have no issues. Well...minus the nute burn but that was a feeding error not anything to do with ph. Just my 2 cents!

That does make sense i am going to look into that on my next watering!
      2 small 6" fans
      Promix HP

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X