Winter grow underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter grow underway

My first Documented grow on this forum. 7 yrs growing in and outdoors. This is going into week 3.
    top left Auto tangy
    top right ultra kush bubble gum
    bottom left strawberry kiwi
    bottom right Gorilla Glue #4
    fertilizer using organic Miracle Grow
    only fert. I’m going to use. Let’s see how good it does combing all nutritional values including micro and calcium. Coast of Maine ocean soil.
    light schedule 12 on 5 1/2 off hr on 5 1/2 off
    Last edited by Jayv; 11-12-2019, 08:30 PM.

Week four update! Auto tangy flouring week 4. Big gains on size of all.

Comment

Hers some photos
      Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you been using Miracle Grow on Cannabis for 7 years without problems? They seem on the small side for 4 weeks. (But I grow hydro, which is quite different.)

My second grow with organic MG. I have used and spend hundreds of dollars on big name fertilizer’s. Did a bunch or research. Compared ORganic MG to all others I’ve used. It has the same or a little more nutrients than big canna fertilizer and it also comes with trace and micro nutrients instead of buying 4 products to get same results. I don’t start with full fertilizer regime until week 6. I use half dosage per gallon until the roots are ready for a jump start. I also just pruned all fan leaves. 3 out of four are at about a foot high, but trimmed regularly to get light into the bottom of the plants too produce more budding stems. I keep them bushy. I have a 4x4x6 foot tent 600 watt leds. This week there all taken that growth spert. There all 70% or more Indica. So it’s slow start and then fast growth.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I've always understood that MG burns the crap out of Cannabis plants, but it sounds like you have your regimen down.

I have never used the reg Miracle grow, tomato, or any of them. Ever read the man made crap in huge dosages. It would burn the shit out of the roots. Miracle grow general hydroponics soon after they released organic Miracle grow black box. How ever it’s the only Miracle Grow product I would ever use. If I get nice buds I’ll try it again. If they don’t Mach up to a few other grows I have using nothing but organic fertilizer.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm rooting, so to speak, for ya!!! ;-}

Thank you, man

Comment

Jayv so you have 1 auto and rest are photo? Will the auto be ready by the time you go 12/12 with the photos is that the timing plan?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yes it’s already flowering. Got Pistils at 2 weeks and buds are rapidly growing. If not finished by the time I drop the lights I’ll put under a separate light in my clone tent.

Comment

Autos once they start flowering 12 hrs of light is all they need. Some say 18-24. I find at just 12 hrs I get great gains when it goes to darkness. My light schedule that I’m trying this grow is 12 on 5 1/2 off 1 hr on and 5 1/2 off. Auto is actually loving it. Wednesday will be week 5 , I don’t turn the lights for flowering till week 10-12 depending on the height. I like them about 12-18 tall cause I have room for the doubling in size during flowering.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              That's very interesting about switching autos to 12/12 once they start flowering. Never heard anyone say that before, but it makes sense!!

Once they start turning to buds light schedule doesn’t mean to much. There grown for there short grow time due to low need for light. So when I go 12/12 I’ll go down a half hour of light every 2 weeks till I get to about till about 4 hrs. So my auto will be done way before the light schedule will have any impact on it. Prob. With auto is low yields and lower THC counts. I’m growing as a fill in so I don’t lose medical need for my MS.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              This is why I don't grow autos: "With auto is low yields and lower THC counts. I’m growing as a fill in so I don’t lose medical need for my MS." It isn't worth it to me to sacrifice any of the good genetics for Ruderalis.

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              alltatup you would be amazed at the newer autos. Some test over 21%thc. No it's not a GG4 photo at 35% but it's still not bad.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Spidermite I know that autos are getting better and better, I just like my interaction with photos.

I am interested to see your results with that light schedule. I've had to finish a few autos with photos on 12/12 and I had lower yields. But that's just my exp.
            You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

So far so good, buds are definitely starting to speed up. I’m interested to. I did extensive reading. 1000 different peoples opinions. I finally came to this light schedule that allows altered 13 hrs of light which tricks the plant into a rush of nutrients because it is turning it self on to a long day. Then it gets cut short . As this accuses faster growing times by tricking the plant it has 2 days in of light and 2 Dark periods in on day. The auto I have was a free bee from photos I bought. I love photo so much better. The care and what you can do for the plant, soil, ph lights nutrients ext. I figured I would go out of the growers bible and try some different things from other growers who are finally leak there grow philosophy’s. Special for Me, multiple sclerosis gives me pain 24/7. I take pride in providing for my self and the fact you can control what goes into it. Like I’m all organic. Just because of some heavy metals in man made nuits. MMGOrganic is experimental for me. No more nasty fish smells . Huge mixing your own soils.
              I would love to see it come out unexpected pleasure.

Comment

Week 5
                1st plant is Ultra kush
                2nd is gorilla glue
                3 strawberry Kiwi
                4th auto tangy
                Attached Files

Comment

Week 6 big bushy plants and a tiny auto.
                  going to start 12/12. Been losing a half hour of light every 3d day. Were at 18 inches tall. Can't wait for the to double in size.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What strain is that tiny auto? Unfortunately it's all to familiar with some I grew over summer
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X