Coffee grounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Coffee grounds

Has anyone used coffee grounds mixed with soil/fibre before, and if so what is your take on it?

Yeah, it works fine.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• StokeBloke
      StokeBloke commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you say it's better with or just the same as any other medium?

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I most always mixed mine in my soil with other stuff like dolomite, fish, wormcompost, and made teas, with it with molasses.

)Howdy StokeBloke, I do not know about using coffee grounds for weed, but My Uncle Luther mixed it into the worm bed (along with wheat flour, veggie trimmings, and other 'stuff') to raise His own earth worms for bait.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I have to take the flip side with coffee grounds, they contain caffeine which is an herbicide! Using coffee and coffee grounds stunted the growth of my autos and caused them to take 130 days instead of 65 days! I learned a lesson there and no more taking the chance that I did not get the caffeine washed out of the grounds. I used it for the PH down affect,,,
      If you use them be sure to wash then well,,,,, or use decaffeinated,,,

Comment

• Bengfan
        Bengfan commented
        Editing a comment
        I tend to agree Rwise. They are also very acidic and could play havoc with your soil ph. I personally would not use them on inside grows, outside may be a different story.

I was planting some Morning Glory yesterday so thought I'd try it with them first (before I read these replies) and when I opened the packet it had grown mould inside which was enough to dissuade me anyhow. I was kind of working on the theory that as caffeine is a stimulant, perhaps it could work as a stimulant on a plant to increase speed of growth.
      Would sugar added to soil work at all? If I'm remembering school from nearly 40 years ago, plants use photosynthesis to produce their own sugars for energy, so would it make them grow faster if they had sugar mixed into their food already?

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Caffeine is an herbicide, meaning it kills plants. It's also a pesticide, so if you use it sparingly it should be good as pest control, however caffeine does not effect plants like it does us. As far as sugar goes, during flowering some people add un-sulfured molasses as a form of sugar to feed the good bacteria, but from what i understand it doesn't directly feed the plant. I could be wrong on that last part but that is my understanding. Here is a link that talks about molasses https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...-smelling-buds

Again, going back to my high school GCSEs if I remember correctly is cellulose is the sugar they create for energy, which is different from glucose, so I was thinking if I add cellulose to my feed my plants will be 'fat' in the same way if you feed someone glucose all day they'll become fat

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X