Worth saving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth saving?

These last 3 Mango clones are clinging to life after being severely over watered & nutrient burned. I've flushed them well, changed their soil & stopped fertilizing. There's some new growth but it's still mighty yellow green.... Should I throw in the towel or do y'all think they'll come back?

Those older leaves will just die and fall off. Now you say you have new growth is it green that's a good sign. After a clone that's had a hard start it may take a couple months to rebound. It would depend on how bad you want them and if you want to keep them for a couple months under a t-5 or CFL until they recover. Oh and if you do decide to keep them i'd start to very easy feed, very light N and work up but let those roots just dig in to a clean home. I read where Mango strain is rather finicky did you have the mother?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I would compost that one. You could start a new seed and it would be that size before this one recovers. Like SoOrbudgal said. No nutes. I don't give my plants any nutes for the first 3-4 weeks. One more thing. Water the seedlings with a Tablespoon of PHd water at a time.

Comment

SoOrbudgal- Howdy from Salem, OR
        Lol hard life indeed!!! I "rescued" 2 Mango & 2 Jack x Irene clones one day when I stopped into the dispensary for some flower. I got them at 1/4 price as they were left over, overgrown & in desperate need of attention. I took them home & put them in top soil under a shop light for a few months. Then I let ppl talk me out of my common sense & I hit them with a bunch of Humbolt Secrets crap just as I supper- cropped & sent them into flower. Don't worry, I ain't adding no more liquid nutrients. The clones in question are the last 3 of the 8 which were the branches underneath the bends.
        & from Reading about Mango..... If my genetics are true & this IS Mango... yes I want them very much! I plan on crossing them with my Big Bud & a few other strains I'd like to procure.

Kingfish- In a way I feel the same way, but I'm kinda stubborn n hate to quit on anything. Plus No seeds available so these are my only shot at the strain.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yo neighbor very hard grow this summer outdoor for me. I got very low yields and quality of my plants were poor do to weather and timing at harvest. Mold was an issue this year for lots of rec. growers. I get it for sure I hate to throw out plants. Then I would go for it and sure grow them out. I would like to know how it goes let us know how they come back from neglect LOL and trauma. Welcome to the forum JDU it's a very helpful friendly site. Lot's of very experienced indoor and outdoor growers. I grow indoor also this site is awesome tons of information. Go Ducks

Well JDU, i guess were a bit the same when it comes to giving up on one of these girls. If you really want to try and save them you have a couple of options. If your gonna leave them together like that i would put a bunch of holes in the side and bottom of the pot, let some more air into the roots. and dont water till that pot feels light. I personally would try and separate them and give them their own space to settle into, that way you can deal with each one as needed. I had three clones this year that were damn near dead, i re-potted, twice in two weeks cause they rebounded so well. They are thriving now. Im hoping you can save them.. good luck!!
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Comment

Thanks, I'll keep ya posted.

Comment

Thanks all & yes Homegrown I'm gonna let them dry out completely before watering, & I've poked holes in the soil to increase oxygen availability.
            They're making a go of it & hanging in there.... the new growth is much darker & healthy. I think they're gonna make it!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes looks like it may take abit to get them where their healthy enough but if you got the time and patience way to go.

Update.
            Recovering like Champs!!! 👍
            This is why you don't fertilize unless you NEED it when growin anything in dirt yunguns.

Comment

JDU lookin MUCH better maybe you should try misting her once or twice a day once she's dry.. and foliar feeding is another option works as well depends where your living they have flora essence or over grow to supplement you with your grow .. I'm assuming you ph'd your water?.these clones had serious nute burn and ph issues given to me from a freind as you could see the first one bounced back while the other still following behind..

Comment

Greengringo Thank you & Oh yes sir!!!! I check the ph as I fill the jug & again the nxt day when I water. I'm lucky- my tap water is always just a point or 2 off of 6.5. Just to see how bad it was I mixed a batch of the feed that I burned em with...... the kit says a red reading is very high at 4.5 well this stuff was purple. Poor girls. I do mist em once in awhile before they git a good root system & ready to move into pots.

Comment

Wow. It was like I took her pic & she said "Wait, I'm not ready!" She just started throwin new growth like nothin was ever wrong. The other 2 are outta the woods & should do well soon- but I'm feelin pretty good right about now!!!

Comment

Also- I just wanted to prove that I DO know how to take a clone lol. These are 2 days old. Never slowed down or minded bein cut offa their mommas (At least I hope they're females) one bit. New growth keeps on comin. I take the dome off 2 or 3x/day & let em breathe until they start to wilt, mist them & the dome, & cover em up..... These have been uncovered for almost 3hrs & they're still standing proud. 👍

Comment

Well that didnt take near as long as I figured it would! I'd say they're back.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great job JDU did you guys get snow? We got alittle here near North Umpqua just cold wet rain now. FWY closed 5 south this a.m. I got 3 clones from my black cherry punch there only 3days old but looking good still no droopy.

• JDU
                        JDU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks SoOrbudgal No snow yet but they keep promising haha. Cold though. Black cherry punch eh? Sweet! Wanna trade?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X