Moonlight/light leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonlight/light leaks

Last edited by JDU; 11-30-2019, 03:47 PM.

I really dont know JDU. I guess it depends on how much light is reflecting in. Maybe instead of adjusting your air vents, you could just add a foot of flex pipe to any leakers and just bend it in a 90 degree angle? should take care of the problem..
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

I've read a lot about light leaks and I guess some people have had ill effects from them. I think light leak fears are way overblown. I presently have a photo-period and an auto going in two enclosures in my garage. I put the photo on 12/12 and the auto on 24 hrs. There are light leaks. The photo went into flower immediately when switched to 12/12. Its still really dark but certainly not total blackout. My experience. Have a great grow !!
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

"Moon light" or other naturally occurring light is not considered bad as I have read, and the outside girls get full moon at times all summer/fall. It's the artificial light thats the problem,, I had a single red lamp on a single surge strip that caused fox tailing near it,,, now covered,, doh!

Comment

I have had light leaks the size of a pinhole reveg my plants. The fears are real as it adds at least a month to the photo grows. I close my vents at night (girls night time) and drape a sheet over the top to cover zippers. I also use a green light in the room instead of a normal white light. For the back vent that i always leave open, i cover it with cardboard and lean at an angle so to block light but not be right up against it blocking air flow. I also have cut carbon filters to fit over the back window to block light from coming in and to filter the air coming in (dog hair and dog dander) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. You dont HAVE to open the vents unless you have ventilation, heat or humidity issues but i do during the day to get more ventilation while the lights are on. I would recommend covering them when the lights are off as i'd rather be safe than sorry. I have had a plant re-veg and it sucks. Id doesnt kill the plant but you have to re-flower and the plants stretch even more and with height limitations it can ruin a grow.

As far as moonlight goes, i wouldnt worry about it. It's the direct light you have to worry about and moonlight is just sunlight reflected off the moon (indirect lighting).

Comment

Moonlight is natural. Forced growing feminized plants under artificial light is not. There are no variations-ideally-as in when the sun rises and when the sun sets. The plants are on a set cycle. So any light leak, from any source, is not desired.
            I had the same idea or notion in regards to my little light leak from outside and well, after totally sealing off any light from any source...my grow greatly improved.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X