Quick question pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Quick question pls

When your plant starts to flower, are each site where the two 'hairs' appear indicative of where the buds will develop?

Where there are hairs you will see bud for the most part, the only exception i can think of being a rare mutation that i have only seen once. I have a bruce banner that had a leaf where there were pistols growing out of the stem of the leaf but i didnt notice until after i had already removed it get light to a budsite. The weirdest thing. Unfortunately i messed it up before i could get a pic...but yes you see pistols thats where bud grows!

Comment

• StokeBloke
      StokeBloke commented
      Editing a comment
      If you look at my previous post asking how much i could expect to crop of my plant I was told I'd messed it up and would be better to start again, but I can count about 20 individual sites where the hairs have grown from so I'm reluctant to kill off my plants but if I am wasting my time then I'll have to.

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Well...just because you have a budsite doesnt mean that they will produce any meaningful buds. It depends on the environment, amount of light ect. Just takin a look at the post you did i would say that you have a tough time ahead if you want to flower. In indoor growing, we train our plants to have an even canopy so that all the bud sites that we want to flower get enough light. The plant you have is way too tall to get an even canopy so the bud sites lower in the plant will not get enough light and will be larfy. Also, if you have not switched to flower yet your plant will double or triple in height and with that plant it could grow into the lights.

If it were me and my plant looked like that i would start over, but if this is your first time growing you could grow it out to completion to get an understanding of how the plant grows. You probably wont get much bud from this plant but you will get experience. It's up to you.

Do you think it would help if I switched my bulb back to the one I was using in veg which is almost twice the lumens of the red bulb I'm using now

Comment

But keep to the 12/12 schedule

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        What lights are you using? How many watts? how far do you have them from the plants? Typically you want more light in flower than veg.

Comment

I wrote all the stuff in the wrong box under the photo so i don't know if you can see it
        Basically
        I used the top one for veg and the bottom one for flower

Comment

And thank you for taking the time to answer what are probably dumb questions to people with more experience, I really do appreciate it

Comment

That is how my lights are at present

Comment

My suggestion? I would use both bulbs honestly, but then you would probably have a heat issue. If you could address the heat, i might get a reflector as well. Also, something to think about for next grow, you may want to paint the walls white or put up some mylar to get the light bouncing around in there. If you can only use one bulb i would use the 200w despite the spectrum. I grow 2 plants with a 250w HPS and it does well enough but 2 plants with 125w is not enough light for flowering to produce any decent buds.

Comment

• StokeBloke
                StokeBloke commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll go and buy another cable from the hydroponic shop. I'm heading there now cause it closes soon. I've got a fan set up behind the wardrobe that circulates air through it, and they are good bulbs too, I can put my hands right underneath and can hardly feel any heat

Bought another cable so have them both running now. As you can see by the other photo, I'd have little chance of doing a natural grow as I tried to do at first as this is the lovely weather in the UK at 16.45. If I started at the end of May then have a unusually hot summer it could be possible, but I think it would be an exception rather than a rule if it was successful.
              Thanks for your advice mate, may karma return your good deed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X