stripped seedloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stripped seedloin

Please help!! I recently had a new seedling totally stripped of all leaves by some insect i assume. All that is left is a stem! If i leave it alone will it still grow or am i just wasting my time and space? Any help would be great. Thanks!

hey dizzy, sad to say, i dont think there's much you can do for her without any leaves..find that bug and exterminate!
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Thanks homegrown, never had it happen before, but that is the second seedling in 3 days to go down, looks like i have some hunting to do!

Comment

are you indoors? tent?
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)

Comment

No outside, I have been using the same spot for years in the yard, never had a problem, but its making me work for it this year!!

Comment

ohh hell...lol, thats gonna be hard to track down. Maybe try and cover them with a dome( plastic bottle with vents) or a dollar store butterfly net? i would think you would notice a caterpillar or worm, so i would rule that out..i'd be swaying toward grasshopper,crickets(they love weed) ..
            Canna Coco/perlite
            Cal/Mag.

Comment

It was actually covered with a plastic dome with 6mm holes drilled into it! It has got me stuffed how it is happening! I have covered the holes with tape so hopefully it will still be there in the morning.

Comment

check for slugs

Comment

oooo....yes, what stump said..forgot about them..is there any shiny trails of goo on the soil?
                  Canna Coco/perlite
                  Cal/Mag.

Comment

thanks Stump, they were still there this morning after i covered the holes, seems to have done the trick, no evidence of slug trails.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X