Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White spot on leaf just before harvest

Hi,
    im a passionate beginner in growing weed since legalisation in canada.

i had 2 king louis plant outdoor and i finished the flowering indoor with led light.

i had my share of challenge. i think i had spider mite at some point traited the plant, i also had aphid... tried to remove most of then but didnt used soap since i was late in flowering.

the week before harvest i noticed on one of my two plant some white spot on the leaf... i took a few picture and noticed some kind of bug on one of the picture...(you can see it in the pic i uploaded)
    at first i taught it was mold, but it also maybe some consequence of the pest i had... i just want to make 100% sure my weed will be good to smoke as i dont want to take chance to smoke weed with mold/fungus. The buds are now dried and curing and seems "normal"

the humidity in my growing room was between 40 and 60% almost all time and i had a air blower inside...

what you guys think? what cause the white spot? should i throw the weed in garbage or im nervous for no reason ?

thanks !

Looks like spidermites https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...f-spider-mites. Well. not the bug, but the damage and webbing between the teeth on the finger of the leaves. The bug is probably a good insect feeding off the spider mites. To see the spider mites you need a magnifier with at least 30x magnification. As far as smoking it? Idk really....that would be for someone with experience with the little bastards. Found this post from a while ago https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mites-on-them

Comment

thanks. any other advice?

Comment

Man, no clue, but that’s some pretty cannabis! I sure hope it’s smokeable.
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

is their a way just to make sure it isnt mold or mush.. i dont care what caused it at this point but just want to make sure its safe to use

Comment

• BillyKidd
            BillyKidd commented
            Editing a comment
            If your really worried about mold and mush, you might want to read up on water curing.
            Water curing will clean up mold and other garbage, but you'll lose the flavor and aroma of the buds, but it will make it smokeable.

thanks billykidd ill look at that.

the buds are now curing in jar. look normal... just those weird leaf that freak me.. im maybe worried about nothing..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X