Sick plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick plant

Hello, I had one plant come up a little funky but I stuck it out with it anyhow. Just checked on them and it is really wilting. I am running a RDWC, water temp is 18-19, PH is six, this plant is about three weeks old, I am using green leaf mega crop with AN cal mag, not sure what is going on with it....I did top it and the others two days ago. The first pic is the one I am concerned about. Any ideas would be great 👍

Looks like a root or ph issue. How do the roots look?

Comment

Perfectly white roots

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks like ph to me, but if you are sure the ph has been between 5.5 and 6.5 consistently and dont see any issues with the other plants then it could be a sickly plant and probably would want to get rid of it. Also, make sure there are no pests or algae in the res. You have air stones correct? Do you use any benificial microbes (like hydroguard)? Do you change out the res water regularly?

I have never had very good luck growing multiple plants in the same res. I always found they competed for resources and thats why i use buckets now. Not saying it cant be done, just i never had much luck with it. I always find it difficult to diagnose a situation where multiple plants are in the res and only one has any symptoms.

Yep, I have lots of air running in it. Use a product similar to hydroguard. I think am going to calibrate my PH pen and change my res tonight, see how it goes

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck man! Let us know how it goes!

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Howdy Gjohnstone, I agree with Tersky, it looks like a pH problem. When in doubt, change the reservoir (after You re-calibrate the pen). I grow in a multi net pot reservoir (AKA Bubbleponics set up) and the plants can compete with each other when they get larger. I start out with five seedlings but ,usually, only get two or three to grow to maturity. Also, I would recommend covering the tops of the net pots with aluminum foil to block out any light infiltration thru the pebbles. I have had algae (or a mold or fungi) start to grow on the pebbles and / or on the rockwool cubes, using the foil, keeps it gown to a minimum.
        Good luck with Your grow.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X