Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are these tiny white spots on the leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these tiny white spots on the leaves?

This plant is 45 days from seed (Late Veg). What are the tiny white spots I am seeing? I started spraying with All Natural Nor Cal 86 Mites and Mold Prevention and Treatment about 6 days ago but am seeing new spots as of today (sprayed twice so far). These spots are only appearing on 1 out of 6 plants growing indoors. I do not see anything crawling when viewing under various magnifications up to 200x. I have sticky tape for fungus gnats (not showing any gnats - yet). I also have about 2" of gnat nix over the top of the grow media. Other than the white spots, all plants look great so far. All 6 plants are under one light in a tent.

Some of the white spots have holes going through the leaf.

Maybe Spider Mites? Thryps? But don't see critters crawling, jumping or flying around.

How do I make them go away?
    Last edited by kingkola1; 11-06-2019, 02:01 PM.

Check for bugs under the leaves.

Comment

• kingkola1
      kingkola1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked on top of the leaves and under the leaves and saw no bugs. I have been spraying both sides of the leaves because I noticed the white spots. Since my post, I watered the plants and did see a little fly coming out of the dirt.... Hmmm, probably a fungus gnat? I couldn't tell since it came and left fast. Maybe continue spraying until I see no more white spots on the leaves of this plant?

You can't see Spider mites with the naked eye. You need a magnifying glass with at least 30x.

Comment

What are you spraying them with? Looks like spidermites, 30x loupe and you can see them, 60x you can count the hairs on their back. I just used rubbing alcohol to kill them, as much as 50/50 mix with water (I did not have enuf for that but still worked)

Comment

• kingkola1
        kingkola1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spraying top and bottom of the leaves of the one plant with All Natural "Nor Cal 86 Mites and Mold Prevention and Treatment"

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X