• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force flowering outdoor plants

Hi everyone,
    so I have 2 setups:
    -one outside that naturally gets around 11h-12h per day
    -and one inside where I can pretty much control the day/night

I started all my plants outside cuz didn't have my indoor setup at the time. So all the plants are vegging with 11-12h of sun per day.
    I have come to 2 solutions to flower but don't know which is better and hope yall can guide me and share your experience.
    • Bring my outdoor plants indoor to an 18/6 regime so they adopt that regime. Then bringing them back out after a few weeks to 12/12 outdoors so they see a shorting of days and flower. I don't know if this will work because they still grew up and vegged on 12/12 regime outdoors. So will they still remember the old 12/12 regime and never flower or actually forget the old 12/12 regime, adopt the new 18/6 regime then will see a shorting of days by going back to 12/12.
    • Or bring my plants inside to a shorter day regime like 10/14 or 8/16 so that they directly go into flower. I don't want to do this method because the days will get really short and the plants won't have much sun per day. But I'm willing to do this one if all else fails.
    Side question: is it possible to bring them back outdoors after flipping them in flower?

My indoor setup runs on a 300w LED(GL-300W) and two 30w LED (dunno their models)
    Grown in soil

Well, that's it.
    ​​​​​​​Thx
    Last edited by maxtti420k; 11-07-2019, 12:40 AM.

I have a question, are there any lights that can get to your plants? Even a small amount of light will harm the flowering,,,

Comment

• maxtti420k
      maxtti420k commented
      Editing a comment
      I do have a window next to the setup and i plan to put the melamine that you see behind the plant on that window

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Block the window with aluminum foil etc., any light source on your girl can keep her vegging.

• maxtti420k
      maxtti420k commented
      Editing a comment
      I have heard that melamine blocks alot of sunlight but u have better solutions im all ears

maxtti420k You might consider light deprivation. per NebulaHaze https://www.growweedeasy.com/light-d...tdoor-harvests

Comment

• maxtti420k
      maxtti420k commented
      Editing a comment
      I have heard of light dep but couldnt use it because there is legit no where in my house where the sun doesnt hit and building a full on skeleton for a tarp was too expensive for me (only 17 years old so budget is quite an issue for me).
      My plant is also quite massive and heavY (its basically a fking tree) so i cant realy move them in & out everyday
      Last edited by maxtti420k; 11-06-2019, 11:56 PM.

I've just realized that we are in autumn and the days are already getting shorter so should I just leave them outside? Considering that the days started getting shorter in September (12h:19m:31s a day); as I'm writing this (11/07/2019) I get 11h:41m:46s a day ; and the shorting will stop on 22nd of December with 11h:49m:48 a day (all info found on timeanddate.com).
    Will this shorting of days be enough to flip them in flower and keep them in flower even if they continue flowering after the 22nd where the days are gonna get longer again?

But I am starting a new grow of og kush and northern lights (not from any seed-banks just a fellow grower living a few cities away sent them; legalization hasn't hit Vietnam yet and wont hit us for a long time considering the communist party). What are your tips to get better results?
    The seedlings have sprout and are growing outside.
    Should i bring them inside essentially vegging them for 18/6 and flower them outside to get 12/12?
    Or should I leave them outside vegging with the natural 12/12 and flip them inside to something like 10/14 or 8/16?
    Or should veg them outside with 12/12 sun then bring them inside to 18/6 light then bring them back to 12/12 so they start flowering?

The last solution is the same i considered in my first post.
    Originally posted by maxtti420k View Post
    Bring my outdoor plants indoor to an 18/6 regime so they adopt that regime. Then bringing them back out after a few weeks to 12/12 outdoors so they see a shorting of days and flower.
    I don't know if this will work because they still grew up and vegged on 12/12 regime outdoors. So will they still remember the old 12/12 regime and never flower or actually forget the old 12/12 regime, adopt the new 18/6 regime then will see a shorting of days by going back to 12/12?
    Last edited by maxtti420k; 11-07-2019, 12:56 AM.

Comment

I am most curious about my first potential solution
      Originally posted by maxtti420k View Post
      Bring my outdoor plants indoor to an 18/6 regime so they adopt that regime. Then bringing them back out after a few weeks to 12/12 outdoors so they see a shorting of days and flower.
      I don't know if this will work because they still grew up and vegged on 12/12 regime outdoors. So will they still remember the old 12/12 regime and never flower or actually forget the old 12/12 regime, adopt the new 18/6 regime then will see a shorting of days by going back to 12/12?
      Hoping to get feedback for that the most
      Last edited by maxtti420k; 11-07-2019, 12:41 AM.

Comment

For me outside this time of year I have cold to deal with. Following the dark source as the days drop near 12 hours dark they begin to flower. If that dark is decreased below 11 hours they may well veg out again, it does take time as well,,,
        A plant started and kept under 12 hours dark will go into flower at about 3 to 5 weeks old, will not get big but will produce a small yield,,.a light added, and it does not take much (I used a 60 watt eq home bulb no even close to them 30 feet or so), will let you veg them by shortening their sleep cycle.

If I did not have cold to deal with I would grow outside, I just moved 7 plants inside to finish. Outside, free light,lots of bugs etc. inside less pests (unless you drag them in) but the light costs,,,,

I grow using organics as I want the cleanest meds I can have.

And a question back at you, I am curious about a strain from your area, Vietnamese Black, can you tell me anything about it?

Oh and pictures we luv pictures, posted here the geo data is removed from them, taken under natural light of course (so we can see them)

Comment

• maxtti420k
          maxtti420k commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          And a question back at you, I am curious about a strain from your area, Vietnamese Black, can you tell me anything about it?
          Over here dealers are actuallu quite common. Idk if other countries do the same thing but most kush dealers are contacted via insta. But I have never heard about Vietnamese Black over here. Here, there's three types of weed that you can get:
          -Cam (basically reggie and is named that way because it comes from cambodia. Usually goes for 1.51$/g
          -Homegrown (smells alot like cam but effects are closer to the good stuff. Usually goes for 8.63$/g
          -Import (the gud gud that everyone know and loves. Goes for 12.94$/g -->Only for Santa Maria (plug only has that)
          If you looking specifically for another strain it goes for 17.26$/g)\

I will however ask my dealers see if they know and can import Vietnamese black.
          I think you already did your research on that strain already. Theres not much i can add from what i can read on the net already.
          -Not for beginners (smoking and growing)
          -Extreme powerful high (can develop paranoia)
          -100% sativa (i see why u like this strain )
          -did not find any info on thc percentages though...

For photos i just came back from school and can't take pictures during daytime in the week. But no worries ill post some this week end

If you bring plants in from outside, be on the look lout for pests. Honestly your plant should be flowering already with a 12 hr dark cycle. That means that light is probably getting to your plants somehow during it's dark period. Outdoor light, security light ect. When the plant has 12 hrs of darkness it sends hormones to trigger flowering. And as far as light dep is concerned, that is the only way a photo plant will flower. Not saying you have to cover the plant. Just make sure no light gets to it (ie cover or turn off light sources at night). You say you cant do deprivation cause you would have to build a tarp setup but what about natures light dep. If there are 12hrs of light then there are 12 hrs of dark. Like i said just make sure no other light is getting to the plant (exception being green light as it doesnt "count") and it should flower.

Comment

Ye the plants are going into flower. I just didn't realize at the time. Cause days cycle was still technically longer than night cycle just by a few minutes.
          They are on pre flower i think...
          I don't think that there is light leak because its on top of my house and no street light goes higher...
          but im posting some pictures maybe u guys have a better eye for this.

Comment

Go up and visit them at night, then you can see if they have light on them,,,car head lights count too,,,

Comment

kk ill go up there tonight gonna update in a few hrs

Comment

hey guys so theres is indeed light leak but only starting from about 1m from the ground because theres a small wall blocking the light. The light leak it self comes from a street light.
                The small wall makes it so that the light does not hapen for the smaller plants. But the big one on the right is too big and gets lights leak from the srteet behind.
                considering to put something on the transparent fence to block the light leak, is it a good idea?

Comment

Blocking the light should work,,,

Comment

Im gonna ask my neighbor who works wood to design a cage for the biggest plant...
                    Im thinking like a 4 walled room but with no rooftop so light can pass only from the top(the sun)
                    Will this work?
                    My main concern is to not move the plant too much its quite heavy

Comment

Dont forget air flow, without good air flow threw the plant you risk WPM and/or bud rot, I would only block what must be,,,

Comment

• maxtti420k
                        maxtti420k commented
                        Editing a comment
                        aaaah shiit true that.
                        maybe elevate the wall only for the foliage while the pot is not blocked so air can come from under.
                        What you think of that?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X