Thoughts on Grow bags and soil mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Grow bags and soil mix

Good day from Canada everyone!!! Just a quick question for everyone, more of an opinion search I suppose. Does anyone have an opinion (good or bad) on grow bags? I made my own last weekend. I have 7 plants on the go right now, and just transplanted from my 500ml containers into my 1 gallon bags. My soil is a mixture of manure, worm castings, peat moss, pearlite and composted black earth. They're all super silver haze except for one that I managed to sneak into Canada from Mexico. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had luck or good end harvest results with plants in a 4 gallon bucket (in my case grow bag) or if I should make some more bags, but make them either a 5 or 6 gallon size. Oh, pH is steady at 6.8, light is 18/6, fresh air intake ducted and filtered, humidity at a steady 55% and temperature is always at 23 Celsius (that's 76 for all those not on the Metric system...geez get with the times). Oh, one last thing, lights are running on 3000w Bestva sytem (1200 HPS equivalent). Nutrients are advanced nutrients pH perfect trio. Anyway, that's it for my ramble...thoughts and opinions are always welcome. Thanks everyone!!!

As long as the grow bag and soil mix have good drainage i dont see the problem with grow bags. I use fabric pots. The size of your pots depends on the size you want your plants really. I'm using 3 gallon fabric pots, 4 plants in a 3x3 but next grow im probably going to do 5 gallon and veg them out a little longer. Check out this link to see more about pots and pot sizes. https://www.growweedeasy.com/choose-...#general-guide

As far as the soil mix goes, i'll let someone more experienced with soil answer those. I do coco and hydro.

Comment

That must have been lots of trouble making your own grow bags. Ordering on Amazon is so much easier. How big do you want your plants to get? That would determine the size of your bags. Super Silver Haze has to be one of my favorite strains. Great choice. You smuggled a seed out of Mexico? That's kinda ballsy. https://youtu.be/K_Uzlfq4348

Comment

Not a lot of trouble at all. Making 12 only took about 45 minutes.

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Just curious how you made yours? I've never made them but am curious to how it's done. Maybe i might try it once!

I made my first 20 gallon soft pots, I used garden fabric to cover the ground (weed control) a needle and thread,, I will buy the next ones as the work killed my bad back! Those were intended for photo plants, the autos are in 7 gallon soft pots. I like them and all my growing will be done in this typ pot (at least indoor). I mix my own soil,,,,

Comment

I actually found a video on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3aBghgGfo. The guy is kind of nerdy and like to talk a lot, but it's explained fairly well. I used the heavy duty landscaping fabric. For my 4 gallon bag, the measurement for the fabric I cut out was 40"X19". Anyway, once you get the hang of it, the whole process goes like a cut cat!

Comment

We have done similar for hanging baskets using that fabric in wire baskets. Great job
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X