Which alcohol to use for bug sprays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which alcohol to use for bug sprays?

As the tittle says, which alcohol to use to make our bug/pest/etc.sprays with, such as the one for spidermites,,,,,
    I do want to be safe in what I use on my girls!

regular rubbing alcohol from the pharmacy works fine, mix 50/50 with water and spray over and under leaves

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not have enuf for 50/50 so I added what I had to the remaining trifecta spray. A few hours later nothing is moving,,, thanx

Have you thought about using predatory mites? It’s certainly more expensive, and slower, compared to a bottle of rubbing alcohol. But they do work and they did rid me of the thrips problem I had. Works on Spider mites as well.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• WeirdWiredWolf
      WeirdWiredWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my predatory mites from Amazon (seller was Nature's Good Guys); they are shipped live (chilled), so you should be home to accept delivery. I think they can be used in any grow mix; they die off naturally when there's no more prey. Worked wonders on one of my girls that was too bushy to try foliar treatment. Best applied before the pest has gotten a solid foothold.

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m in Canada. I used https://www.thebuglady.ca/ for my predatory mites. Only downside is that their smallest product size is for 1000sf of canopy (for their bugs for thrips). The last time I talked to the company I suggested they come up with a much smaller package size and target the small growers in the cannabis market.

One product gets sprinkled on the leaves, the 2nd product was sprinkled around the base of the plant. I left the foliage sprinkled like a birthday cake for 2 days, then used my compressor to blow all the debris off the plants, followed by a good vacuuming of the tent.

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      in Canada as well..Great info, thanks YY. I'll be looking up the buglady. I had spiders in my tent in the garage..they took care of fungus gnats and crickets etc..i just let them go about their business and eat bugs.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X