Advice Please.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Please.........

Hi Everyone, I’m a new member and was hoping someone could give me a little advice.

Back in June I decided to grow some plants, I’ve never grown anything before and I do mean never so I had no idea how to go about it. I of course looked on the marvellous YouTube and researched any information I could find.

I started growing outside in late June (UK). I germinated 18 feminised Feminised seeds, three did not germinate the rest we’re moved into the small pots, with Canna CoCo Pro Soil with Perlite added, then they were left in a small conservatory. They seemed to be doing well so after a couple of weeks I repotted to larger bag pots. Doing this two more fell away so I was down to 13 ☺️

These seemed to be doing quite well, now being left outside permanently. They continued to grow and around 4/5 weeks later I again repotted them into 30 litre/8 Gallon soft pots, again always using the Canna CoCo mix with the Perlite added.

Now come August here in the UK we had terrible weather so I decided that to give them any chance I’d move them into a Grow Tent. So this is what I did. I got a 4 x 4ft grow tent a 4 inch carbon filtered extract fan, a fan to turn the air in the tent and a 600

Grow LED light. Everything seemed to be going alright but I thought the light was not strong enough so I got a 1200 LED Light and put that in. At first I had intended to take the 600 LED out but thought what the heck I may as well just leave it, so I did. I gave them some GHE Grow and waited.

Now everything seemed to be going well so five weeks ago I pushed myself to go 12/12 and they seemed to have gone on leaps and bounds the pictures are from today that is 35 days after going 12/12.

For some reason I’m anxious ☺️ all seems to be going to well, which is not what I’m used to. As I said I’ve never grown anything before and I now want this to work it’s really lit a fire in my belly and got me over thinking and I’m sure I’m going to cock something up, that’s just par for the course with me. I usually have no patience for anything but I’m craving that all goes well with this.

Could you please take a look at the photo’s and let me know your thoughts. I’d really appreciate it. I retired about ten years ago for health reasons and really have not found anything to fill any time, except my Dogs and video games. I have topped all the plants as the leaves were not letting any light through to the lower buds. I’ve also been using Royal Queen Seeds Boost but am thinking of going back to GHE in a week or so.

Thank you in advance for any comments and tips.

As for the rest of the plants there still outside hanging in there which I find hard to believe!

Thanks again.

DD

Hey dd and welcome! Im not familiar with the nutes you are using but it does look like a tad of nitrogen toxicity https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...rogen-toxicity . Cannabis needs less nitrogen in the flowering stage. Also, its hard to tell how tall those are in those pics. You said you planted outside in june? I'm not an outdoor grower but i would have thought the plants would be taller after 3 months of veg and 35 days of flower. For outdoor i wouldnt have my final container less than 10 gallons but would probably do 20 gal or above if veging for longer than 2 months. Not having enough room to spread its roots may have kept the plant on the smaller side. I know people who do 100 gallon pots for their outdoor plants. All this being said, growing is a fabulous outlet. For your first grow it looks good. Like i said i would dial back on the nitrogen. Check out the articles on the main site. There are a ton of them but they are easy to understand (we're here if you need clarification or anything) and full of helpful topics. Hopefully some outdoor growers will chime in as well!

Comment

Hi thank you for your reply, I apologise as I really didn’t make myself clear. After about 8 weeks I moved them into a 4 x 4 grow tent and they really responded well. But now they seem to have stopped growing and the buds seem so small and they seem to be covered with like a pollen of some sort that smells quite strong. I’ve attached another picture and 4 of the 6 plants are around 3 feet high with a couple smaller. I gave some seeds at the ready in case these go belly up but I’d really like to get these taken care of with the effort I’ve put in. I got so many seeds with spending and getting free seeds I reall only wanted about 4/5 plants for my personnel use. I gave two prolapsed discs and was on morphine 12 years then last October I just said enough is enough and within 6 weeks I was off all forms of morphine ☺️ And only use it now about once a month. I’m going to read the article you recommended about the nitrogen so hopefully that may make a difference.

you can see the pollen stuff on the one in the back left corner........

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        I see something but i cant tell what it is. If you could get that plant out of the tent to take pictures in better lighting it would be helpful. Aslo, if that plant is creating pollen, you want to keep it away from your females or you are going to have seedy bud. If it is not pollen, then it could also be something detrimental like mildew or mold and you also want to keep that away from your other plants. Once we see the plant better we can tell you what we think it is. As far as the buds go, you said the have been in flower for 35 days? They really dont start getting fat until the last few weeks or month of flower, so depending on the strain you could have another couple weeks or a month before they start fattening up.

As I said I have never grown anything at all so am as green as you can get. I’ve tried reading watching which does help but I’m really kind of clueless. Here’s a picture taken outside, I have them in a tent in the conservatory right next to the door.

BTW they are supposed to be all feminised seeds.........

I don’t know the strains as when I was potting them I had all the labels on a table ready to put the little markers in the soil, but they got blown away, as I said green as they come ☺️
      Attached Files
      Last edited by deepdownboy; 11-03-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Yikes. Is that the only plant that looks like this? it looks like white powdery mildew, and in flower it is a pain from what i understand. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...powdery-mildew

I would ask someone who has dealt with WPM if the plant is salvageable. If it were in veg still i would say it could be saved but in flower, if it has reached any of the buds you might as well chop it. But like i said, i've never had to deal with it myself so hopefully someone else with more experience with wpm can chime in. No worries on being new man. And in regards to feminized seeds, they still can and do sometimes hermie, meaning they grow pollen sacks and end up pollinating your plants. Usually it has to do with stressing the plant, but sometimes bad genetics is at play.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        The WPM is too far into the sugar leaves - plant is compost.
        Only thing you can do to try and salvage any bud is start removing all the leaves.

I’ve been reading the advice on WPM but I can’t seem to find any of the recommended pesticides in UK. So frustrating but that’s my task for the afternoon..........again thanks for the help.

Comment

I’ll start again from fresh, I have some seeds waiting to go as I figured I’d mess up. Thanks for the help, next time hopefully better results.

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Dont worry about it man. I have killed many MANY plants in my short growing history. We make mistakes, but we learn from them. It's not a complete loss. The experience you get from failure is sometimes more than you would get if everything went right. Keep at it man! I didnt grow a decent harvest until my second year of growing. And if you have any questions we're here to try and help. We dont get everything right, but we try.

Thanks for the help and wise advice. I now have 5 “Royal Gorilla Automatic” germinating. I’ve got nothing but time so hopefully I can get a little luck on my side. I did this last lot on a whim because it was hot and I thought may as well give it a go, that’s how they ended up outside. I only wanted a few seeds and ended up with 18 ☺️ with all the free stuff I kept getting. So this time the amount is closer to what I wanted. I’ll keep you posted ☺️

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! You do know that those are autoflowering plants? That means after about 30 days they automatically go into flowering. No need for a 12/12 light schedule! You can keep it at 18/6 to give the plant more light time. Also know these plants usually dont get as big as photo plants because the have a short veg time, but they can still produce a decent amount of bud. Usually growers who grow autos grow several at a time and the plants themselves are on the smaller side but they have more of them to compensate. Just wanted to let you know, in case you weren't aware! Let us know if you have any more questions!

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Tersky, you are a man among men.

Tersky very well said coach!
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X