Is there a way back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way back?

Hi can anyone help? My dad has terminal cancer and i am currently doing my first grow to make RSO oil. I think i have made several errors. The main one being overwatering. I am also struggling to control humidity levels when lights are off. This is approx 3 weeks in from seedlings. Is this a lost cause or can i save them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Stop over watering to start
    First grow
    2 northern lights auto,white widow photo,sour diesel photo,2 Bruce banner auto, 5 sweet tooth auto
    soil fox farms happy frog 30% perlite added
    2 sweet tooth autos in dwc
    4 greengo 1200w led
    general hydroponics flora trio nutes
    grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
    490cfm exhaust

Comment

Yes i have done that. I have now not watered for 3 days. Soil still feels moist. Would you suggest anything else. Thanks for your reply

Comment

I think they can be saved. 1st stop watering so much. Seedlings need very little water. I usually water seedlings with a tablespoon. 2nd. repot to a larger pot. Give them a week or so and I believe they will come back. Finally give your dad our love and well wishes. May I suggest tincture instead of RSO. It's alot saver to make and easier too. Good luck.
        One more thing. Be sure you have drain holes in the bottom of the pots.

Comment

I attached a pic of a pot I had that I drilled a bunch of holes in so it can drain freely and get air and have also switched over to bags instead
          First grow
          2 northern lights auto,white widow photo,sour diesel photo,2 Bruce banner auto, 5 sweet tooth auto
          4 greengo 1200w led
          grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
          490cfm exhaust

Comment

Thank you very much for that advice i will certainly do that. Would i need to trim any of the affected leaves or will i leave them alone for just now? I will also look into tincture. Thanks

Comment

• kingfish
              kingfish commented
              Editing a comment
              Let them recover before you trim leaves.

Can you take pictures in natural light or with a flash? It's hard to tell if there are any deficiencies in that light. Also, what are your specs? Soil? coco? Nutrients? If the soil is still moist, dont water them. I wait until mine are dry and test this by weight. Once we can see the plant's condition i can tell you if you are overfeeding or underfeeding. Right now all i can see is that they are over watered. You say you struggle with humidity, what is the rh of the room the tent is in? If you are over watering, then that can contribute to high humidity inside the tent. Do you have an exhaust fan? How many cfm? I dont think they are a lost cause, but with those pics i cant really see the coloring of the leaves.

Comment

• Kerdo88
              Kerdo88 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi bro i have posted the details as follows

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
            Can you take pictures in natural light or with a flash? It's hard to tell if there are any deficiencies in that light. Also, what are your specs? Soil? coco? Nutrients? If the soil is still moist, dont water them. I wait until mine are dry and test this by weight. Once we can see the plant's condition i can tell you if you are overfeeding or underfeeding. Right now all i can see is that they are over watered. You say you struggle with humidity, what is the rh of the room the tent is in? If you are over watering, then that can contribute to high humidity inside the tent. Do you have an exhaust fan? How many cfm? I dont think they are a lost cause, but with those pics i cant really see the coloring of the leaves.
            Thank you for reply i am using biobizz light soil mix, 5 x northernlights, using ionic soil grow at half recomended dosage, 600w hps light 18/6, yes i have an exhaust with charcoal filter running 24/7 and fan also inside tent. I think i may need to add an intake fan. Humidity when light is on sits between 50-60%. When off it shoots up very high 80-90+%. I am out working when light is off so it has been quite hard to msnage.

Comment

Comment

• Tersky
                Tersky commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh wow what a difference! I would recommend probably having better drainage for next grow. Maybe drill a few holes in the bottom of the pot (or on the side like buds4949 suggested) and add some perlite to the soil mix or use fabric pots. it looks as if the leaves are slightly dark and waxy in these pics which could be signs of slight nitrogen toxicity https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...rogen-toxicity . Nothing serious, just dial back the nutes a little. Honestly they dont look too bad. Just let the pots get light before watering again and lower nutes a little and you should notice them perk right up! Dont be discouraged, just takes a little practice! Oh and my plants always droop after watering but perk up after a few hrs with the lights on so its normal for them to droop every once and a while. I feel that once you address the over watering and constantly having wet soil in the tent, the rh should go down. Do you leave any of the tent vents open when the lights are off? i leave the back one open with cardboard laying over the vent to block light from getting in. I also have a carbon filter pad that i put over the vent hole (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that helps block light and filter air coming in.

Thank you so much for your help i really appreciate your advice. I am obviously a newbie and at the start of a learning curve here so i will probs be posting again soon lol i will stop watering until pots are light and order filter pad.

Comment

Also check dirt with a finger if it’s dry knuckle deep it’s time to water
                im new to growing this form is amazing I’ve learned a lot myself
                First grow
                4 greengo 1200w led
                grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
                490cfm exhaust

Comment

Best wishes for your Dad! I will suggest looking into using the root of the plant as what I have read it has the best cancer fighting agents.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X