X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Please help me humidity when lights off

Please help
    My tree is in flowering stage
    When I turn off the light inside my tent 85% humidity, do I need to use a dehumidifier while the light is off
    And turn on the ventilators fan system while the light is off ?
    thank a lot
    Last edited by Aubouzu; 11-01-2019, 12:47 AM.

Whats your grow medium? what is humidity when lights are on? Fans running constantly? pics?
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
      Whats your grow medium? what is humidity when lights are on? Fans running constantly? pics?
      Sorry for the omission
      My grow tent 100x100x200
      I planted on the soil The humidity when turning on my light is 55%~56% When I turn on all the fan and dehumidifier systems
      And when I turned off the light, I checked the hygrometer was 80%

Comment

Humidity will rise at night and is normal. Much over 85 and you’ll need to dry it up a little but make sure you have a few fans blowing air around above and below the canopy. Check in th first minutes of light on, whether or not you feel excessive dampness on the leaves

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
          Humidity will rise at night and is normal. Much over 85 and you’ll need to dry it up a little but make sure you have a few fans blowing air around above and below the canopy. Check in th first minutes of light on, whether or not you feel excessive dampness on the leaves

​Thank you for the help
          Do I need to turn on the 24-hour exhaust fan system ?
          also use dehumidifier at night when the tree sleeps.
          Or I don't need to care too much about the humidity at the time the light is off and I just turn on the fan below and above the treetop as you said.
          Does high humidity at night affect odor and cause bud rot ?

Comment

Air moving thru the grow space is beneficial ..whether or not you need a dehumidifier at night depends on the levels you wish to maintain. At 85%, maybe you want to try and lower that but if your fans are replacing the stag air inside, that alone may resolve the problem.

example: An aspirated grow space has a normal influx and exhaust of air and maintains a fairly constant 60% +/- humidity level. For any reason, the power goes out and the circulation of that air ceases to flow. The air INSIDE that grow area will rise in humidity just from the transpiration of the leaves alone and once the circulation and exchange of air is restored, those levels drop to the same level that surrounds the grow space.

this illustration shows the benefits of just exchanging the air inside the room. Simple and other factors will influence the levels but by moving air, you can help to circumvent that issue

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
              Air moving thru the grow space is beneficial ..whether or not you need a dehumidifier at night depends on the levels you wish to maintain. At 85%, maybe you want to try and lower that but if your fans are replacing the stag air inside, that alone may resolve the problem.

example: An aspirated grow space has a normal influx and exhaust of air and maintains a fairly constant 60% +/- humidity level. For any reason, the power goes out and the circulation of that air ceases to flow. The air INSIDE that grow area will rise in humidity just from the transpiration of the leaves alone and once the circulation and exchange of air is restored, those levels drop to the same level that surrounds the grow space.

this illustration shows the benefits of just exchanging the air inside the room. Simple and other factors will influence the levels but by moving air, you can help to circumvent that issue
              Thank you for answering me
              Wish you a good day

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X