Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me understand my plants Health! First time grower!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Help me understand my plants Health! First time grower!

Grow medium: Coco/perlite
    Feeding mix per gallon of water i use :
    - 2ml Cal mag
    - 2.5ml Micro
    - 2.5 ml Gro
    - 1ml Bloom
    PH: ~5.9

Temps in tent: 21-25c
    Humidity: 30-50%

Stress killer is showing light yellow leaves is that normal?

Stress killer auto 13 days old:

Amnesia auto 13 days old:

Northern lights auto 29 days old:

Is everything ok? Do i need to change something with feeding?

Your coco looks awful dry. Yellowing could be slight nitrogen deficiency, though i think the amounts you are feeding are correct. I think they just need a good feeding. Other than that they look fine.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      It wont hurt to wait for it to dry then water. The plants are not looking bad. A tad yellowish but nothing life threatening. As a recommendation, dont start your plants in your final pot. start in a much smaller pot (i use a solo cup or 1 gallon smart pot). By starting in a smaller pot watering is much easier. When i started in my final pot I ran into ph issues and watering issues because the pot was too big to water completely as seedlings dont need all that water. A smaller pot you can water to runoff as a seedling and not have to worry about the pot staying wet for too long. And about feeding, i feed from very first watering. True they dont need nutes for their first week about (all seedlings have enough energy inside the seed to sprout their first set of true leaves) but coco being completely neutral has no nutritional value for the plant. By feeding (light nutes) from first watering you are in fact giving the coco some nutrients to hold onto so that when the plant needs it it is there. If the plant gets to the point where it needs nutes but doesnt have it, you get stunting. Its better to have a very light nute solution (in coco) in the beginning to make sure your plants thrive. This is the general nute schedule i use for coco https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...s-schedule.pdf . The first week i do BEFORE i plant and this is called buffering the coco. I have found this to be necessary for fast growth in early stages. Alot of this stuff you will begin to get a feel for, though in the beginning it seems a bit overwhelming. Just try some of the things that have been suggested and see what works best for you. You may find it easier to do it a different way and that's fine. I am just telling you what has worked for me, but im no expert.

• kach
      kach commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! You are right i should start with 1 gallon smart pot that is good suggestion for my next grow. Now its too late to change them.

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol no problem. I did the same with this current grow. It's been a while and i usually do hydro so i decided to try coco again. I had done it a couple times before but that was years ago. I though i knew enough to start my plant in it's final container. It worked, but the beginning i had so many issues that i wouldnt have had if i had started in a smaller container. Ph was a big issue, which in turn effects how the plant takes up nutrients. I found that when my plants got big enough for me to water the pot to runoff, my ph issues went away. I tired a couple weeks ago planting some bagseed into a solo cup of coco and perlite and i barely pay attention to them and they are already ready for another pot and 4-5 nodes high (5-6 inches). The growth and ease of watering was vastly superior to the larger pot. So much so i think that i found my favorite way to start seeds. They will grow out of it and bounce back quickly. My Sour Diesel im growing now was stunted for a while cause i forgot to buffer the coco before planting, but now they are the biggest plants in the tent. We live and learn.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X