Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Growing at 70F?

Hi all

So my grow space in this cool Canadian climate is extremely stable, but cool, at 70F-72F.. (both day and night, I have a small heater connected to an Inkbird in case it dips below 70F)

Everybody keeps telling me how I should push temps up to 85F-88F, but I want to just choose to work with my natural environment rather than having to permanently artificially prop the temps up.

So I did a bit of research, into VPD. And there is still a very specific VPD zone for my temperature ranges; which I have locked in perfectly.

Is there anybody out there that would tell me I'm right to try and work with my temps rather than blast the tent with a heater? Or am I definitely wrong, and I should be looking at moving the heater inside the tent (freaking hate this idea, btw) right away?

Thanks for your expertise, as always!

Tent plus heater equals recipe for disaster.
    I grow in BC and my temps are right where yours are - cooler at night.
    Doesn't always have to be tropical - although they do like it warmer.
    And don't blast the tent with a heater - these plants are pretty durable - they'll grow.
    Ruderalis was invented by a botanist in Siberia - they only had 3 months to grow in.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I live in the Northern Rockies and my temp is at a steady 70-75 degrees and my girls are thriving. The one thing I worry about during flowering is humidity. As long as it stays in the 30-40 % range, I'm happy.

Comment

I agree they will tolerate cool temps in the tent. Upstairs bedroom no heat from woodstove cool in the 60s-low 70s they do just fine for photos. It will rise to low 80s when both veg/bloom lights on.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X