Bud dryer vs dehydrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud dryer vs dehydrator

I just received an email about a bud dryer that nebula tested against natural drying and the numbers looked close. Has anyone here ever used a dehydrator? I’ve read that it’s too fast and makes it harsh but this bud dryer seems to be pretty fast. Just looking for input from people who have tried it not people who have read the same things I’ve read.

I’m thinking if I used a dehydrator on my cold porch(5C) this might cure them quicker without bad effects

Comment

I've just started using a dehumidifier in my house and I dried 2 plants in 4 days.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hang dry. Even with thousands of plants its worth it if your making flower to smoke.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Certainly not trying to advance the dryer company nor disparage them BUT.....How many times have you heard..”. I saw that movie, wasn’t worth the time they spent making it”. Eventually, how ever many years later, you finally see the movie and YOU actually like it... Or a place to eat that your friends says...” outstanding,”. You make plans to go and when you do, your not nearly as happy.

so when I first heard about the herb dryer and ALL of the comments I was not swayed in either direction. If I am going to have an opinion, I’d better try it to see if it was all it was hyped to be or better or worse. I have come to the conclusion that it actually worked rather well. I learned my best drying techniques from D.A.A.S.69 with the paper bags and in my environment, they work extremely well for a 6 day run. Summers need a dehumidifier but winter is around 50%. The herb dryer can dry your product as if it was the same 60% moisture you’d get when burping jars and taking it to its final moisture levels, but it does not get too hot and if you read Nebula’s post on Instagram she suggests if your surroundings are warm or dry, you can add a small glass of water to slow the process a bit. If I was in a different climate, maybe it’s not needed. It seems to provide consistency where the drying environment has some broader variations.

i have dried and cured for long times, short times and in between, no one I know has complained about the final product being inferior and as an option, the dryer can bring small amounts of cannabis (like 1 lb wet) to a dried state nicely in 96 hours. It’s just another method in the great big bag of tricks. Then I saw Nebula’s test result and those confirmed my un-scientic comparisons. We all hear many different ideas but some are tried and true and others are just recycled statements

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Before reading this i was convinced that air drying was best cause it takes longer, and longer dry time in my head was always better. Thanks for the info Farmall! I have a pretty good environment for drying. RH is typically 50-60% for me but i can see how a drier would be instrumental if you lived somewhere where rh was typically high or low.

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            That scenario has been a mainstay in my life and over the decades, I have put off a ton of stuff because someone or my wife said ,...I heard XXXX

Made me decide 10 yrs ago, try it then decide. I agree, either very moist or very dry climes can benefit a lot with its consistency

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are happy with it that is great. But even though we have lots to dry, only the old way ever measured up. It's back to the major farmers vs organic. Soo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X