Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermaphrodites??

Is this plant developing seed?

I see nanners. Looks like it hermied to me.

Comment

Howdy Lonnielmb72, It does appear that You have some nanners there. But not to worry, In my experience with nanners, they have produced female seeds. I have been using the nanner'ed seeds for several grows now and they product good bud. The plants produced from them do not always produce more nanners, the environment of the plants (stresses from light, high temperatures, or other stresses) affects the amount of nanners and seeds produced.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Your comment was much more helpful than mine lol. Good advice!

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        But Tersky, You were very correct, there was a bunch 'o nanners! LOL!

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s Russian roulette when you have a late blooming hermi seed. Sure, you might get good bud... but you might get more late blooming hermi seeds as well. Personally choice here, but I don’t have 3 months of space, electricity, and nutrients to spare. To those who do kudos, you are doing better than I.
        The argument that seeds are expensive is penny wise, but pound foolish. I purchase good genetics, then clone the shit of of them. So I get plenty of value out of the seeds I buy.

Is this plant the only one in the grow area?
      how old is you're plant?
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-23-2019, 04:59 PM. Reason: 're
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        God catch mr F! Yeah if there are other plants either cut this down or move it before the pollen sacks open or all you bud will be seedy. Sorry i had just sampled some GG4 from a friend and it was stupid good.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I ❤ stupid good gg4.
        It's not just nanners I see pollen sacks too, that thing is a genetic hermaphrodite and if it's the only plant, grow it but if it's in a group, cut it!

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr.furley . you’re then saying this is not a grow error or mishap but would have hermied no matter what? OR, like producing great plants based on their genetics, you need to have the best environment for maximum genetic outcomes and this brought out the fact that this seed was genetically programmed to be a hermie if it was grown in ideal conditions? Hope this isn’t rambling

Yes move it out away far away or kill it pull the nanners or seedpods. I still smoke that bud, cause i'm a "stupid" gorilla lovin fool. I'm waiting on a gorilla bomb that's going on 6months from outdoor LOL she is going to make us stupid-errr
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I had another plant in cabinet with this so I moved it to its own cabinet. So my next question is should I keep going with it and harvest the seeds? I read that hermy seeds are feminized is that true? And if I do continue on with grow do I keep it in 12 on 12 off schedule and would I harvest when I would if it were just a regular grow?

Comment

I got to agree with Toker1 on this one. It's a genetic Lottery when you have a hermi, you can save seeds, and grow it out, if you have the time/space/ect.. Iv done it and had it go both ways, sucks to chuck a 8 week old plant but is great if you get nothing but females. If you do keep seeds and the next plant goes Herm like this its time to trash them all for sure. The big question is Do you have the means to keep them?

Keeping the plant, you will have some seedy weed, we've all had seedy weed, are you ok with seedy weed? Then just keep it at 12/12 and get it done. Any light change will just add to the situation and or/and delay it, be prepared that the other plant in the tent can have seeds, you have open pollen sacks on this one.

Farmall it is in my opinion that this plant is a genetic hermaphrodite from the 1)age of the plant (looks like 4-5 weeks) and that the sex has 2)matured together at the same time in the same places and 3) there is abundance of both sex.

Heat/light stress nanners happen at the top of the plant, light leaks are isolated to specific area, plants will have health issues with environmental issues, the pictures and info provide is going to suggest its over the whole plant and it's healthy.

Sex can be influenced by genetics and environment, genotype and phenotype. Stability of your genetics and knowing where they come from is the big question when you're limited on time/space/money/patience....

​​​​​​​good luck lonnielmb72
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Patience? Where am I going to get patience....Amazon?
            Thanks Mr.furley

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X