This one's a puzzler for harvesting time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one's a puzzler for harvesting time

So I'm still learning how to determine when is it time to harvest & I see it varies from plant to plant. This one has been a puzzler. I don't know what the strain or anything is but it has proven to be a beautiful plant so I've just been taking clones from it. There are pictures, please excuse the less than perfect photos, I had trouble getting a good focus. At one point it looked like it was going to be ready soon but after 8 weeks in flower I decided to go ahead & cut because I need the space.

Only go by the Tricromes on the buds them self and not the leaf. A good rule is when you think it's done, wait a week. From the pictures I'd say 1 to 2 weeks depending on you desired effect.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I agree with mr.F. I still see white hairs, so let the smells develop, let all the stigmas (hairs) get dark brown and curl in--that's how you know they're really done.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I think he's done the deed and cut. I guess if you had to but it could of gone another 2-3wks my guess.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Glue em back on ? Funny thing is that I too have cut early in the beginning and waiting 2 -3 more weeks makes a dramatic difference...

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            2-3weeks more, is when they really pack on the weight, an size.Especially if your using Molasses,
            If you have to harvest early, that's different.
            But if you dont have to, harvesting early, is the worst thing you can do, imo.
            It's just like peaches, ripe ones, tastes much better. Plus the effects, are much stronger.

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            D.A.A.S.69 Excellent analogy regarding peaches... I like to take a bite, suck out the peach and throw away the empty skin and pit
            By The Way: I'm comin' over for stuffed turkey ..!!!

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Farmall Come on ole bud, lol
            I've had to chop early a few times, for peace of mind, either the law, or poachers, but I want anymore, I hope.
            I don't like that racy heart pounding one bit, to old for that sh-t.
            I gotta see some amber trichs, first, then the first time I light up, I only take 3good hits, just to be sure,

I'm with you D.A.A.S.69 I had to harvest a few plants early do to weather and space issues outdoors. But I still kept a few going and down to my last one she's not close to harvest. I think it's going to go to mid Nov. longest run of outdoor photos I ever had. Now I gotta say this much, I did harvest those others with cloudy mostly had but rot on some not much but it was happening heavy dense resin colas real nice too, they have been curing 3-4wks now jarred up. Not too bad smoke last night rolled a 1 1/4 paper joints took me 1 and done so ain't too shabby so far.

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Hi you all, yes I (she, btw) did do the deed. Funny thing is a week previous they surely did look about ready & I could swear I was seeing a few amber trichomes so I was getting a little nervous that I had waited too long. Then when I got ready to go ahead & harvest they didn't look ready. I am growing in a 32" x 30" closet & had 4 plants ready to go in, couldn't wait any longer. Oh well, doing things different this time, some super cropping and all to get them all to fit & get bigger & better buds. It's a little challenging but I'm learning a lot. This particular plant has such pretty buds & they have a tendency to stay kind of white & so super sticky. No idea what it is though.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              We've all had to do it Donnies58 I bet it's going to be good smoke regardless. Just do long slow dry/cure helps a lot. Nice work and enjoy the harvest...Peace

If you look at your plants around the grow light the Tricromes can catch that color. Don't know if that could have been a factor but I thought I'd mention "natural light"
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Donnies58 Just saying to you that i'm still harvesting a Gorilla from my summer grow LOL. It continues to stay part cloudy/clear i'm taking it in sections as it turns milky. It has to stay outdoors on a covered porch do to space. She is all bent up and abused but refuses to finish do to environmental lows. So she's not moldy nor buggy so i'm letting her go. We all do it a time or two, harvest a tad early. Enjoy the smoke

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X