Purple Urkle grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple Urkle grow

Started four Purple Urkle clones. Hoping for success!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3C7FEB1A-A4CD-4103-8B02-99FDC7A75389.jpeg
Views:	1141
Size:	4.28 MB
ID:	344120
    4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

What light are you running? Looks big.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
      What light are you running? Looks big.
      Says Nextlight Mega under the pic Mr.furley. I can only dream

Comment

Urkle is a favorite of mine. Didn't need to fert . Much at all in good soil.

Comment

Mr.furleyEll Nextlight Mega is the light. Glad to hear good things about Urkle. My first try at it.
          4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

The ladies seem to be loving their new home. Started them on an GH early growth nutrient mix alternating with Fish Sh!t. Click image for larger version

Name:	6A1EC53B-3C30-45A7-AEAD-F652EC5FEBFD.jpeg
Views:	946
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	345574

Comment

Weekly update, so far so good! Should be ready to transplant soon, if not already... Click image for larger version

Name:	31DC8DB4-6C2E-45DE-8C49-17068CEB1EC0.jpeg
Views:	926
Size:	4.79 MB
ID:	347066

Comment

If you plan on any kind of training, now is the time.

Comment

kingfish thanks for the advice! I’m doing minimal training right now but have a method of tying out branches once I get them into their 5 gallon pots and then supercropping the top few branches. I’ll take pictures when we get there but am open to any and all suggestions. I’ve read a dizzying amount of info on GWE and other sources that my head is spinning or maybe it is something else causing that!

Comment

You're welcome sgiacomo. I'm all about LST. I don't top or super crop, only because I don't want to spend the time for the plants to recover. You normally add another week or two 'till the plants recover. I'm a believer of keeping everything simple, so don't let all the info over welm you.

Comment

Well we have crummy weather coming so I transplanted to five gallon containers, gave each plant one gallon of RO w/ Fish Sh!t @ 5 mL/gal. Hope they like their new homes! 🤞 Click image for larger version

Name:	8278C1D4-6C3E-4997-BE83-804B03B24221.jpeg
Views:	923
Size:	4.97 MB
ID:	347300

Comment

Be careful with the fish shit. When your plants start to turn dark green. Stop using it. I give my plant FS maybe 3-4 times only during vegging. Then I stop when I flip to 12/12.

Comment

kingfish Thanks. IIRC the Fish Sh!t website recommends 5 mL/gal during veg, 1 mL/gal during flower, and back to 5 mL/gal for flush because it supposedly helps with final nutrient uptake. I follow a low water usage regimen where I water a little everyday (except when I transplant then it will take a few days to dry out). I’ve followed all except the flush recommendation my first two grows with outstanding results. Once established in the 5 gallon containers they each get one quart of Fish Sh!t solution every other day, and one quart GH nutrients on the other days. Gonna try different nutes after this grow but will probably keep using Fish Sh!t on off days. They seem to really love it in small doses.

link to dosage instructions https://fishheadfarms.com/dosing-instructions/
                          Last edited by sgiacomo; 11-05-2019, 12:49 PM. Reason: Adding link for Fish Sh!t dosage

Comment

• kingfish
                            kingfish commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If what you are doing works for you. Then by all means keep doing it. After all you are right there and see your girls every day. We're not.

• sgiacomo
                            sgiacomo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ha this is only my third indoor grow and I imagine I’ll always like hearing experiences of others! Great forum here.

Fed 16 oz of nutrient solution a couple days ago and followed with 16 oz of Fish Sh!t at 5 mL/gallon today. They’re really taking off!
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	0A06DF40-DB07-4FCF-A41C-E825C9BE9413.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.76 MB ID:	348605

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                            SoOrbudgal commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Really nice setup and clean area. I'm digging those planters I keep seeing those and for some reason they are beckoning me LOL. Are you going to do some tops or LST?

• sgiacomo
                            sgiacomo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            SoOrbudgal thanks! Yes once they get another few nodes I’ll tie the lower branches down horizontally to the side of the containers, super crop the very top 3-4, then top. I’ll post pics when I get there. Last time I broke one of the branches when supercropping but taped it up with painters tape and it healed just fine. I love plants! As far as the containers my grow supply shop has them, I can ask if they ship if you are interested. Now they have eight gallon versions that are tempting me but I’m a little limited on height.

• D.A.A.S.69
                            D.A.A.S.69 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice, healthy looking, beautiful colors, and a very nice clean setup, for sure, great light too!!
                            Whats the name brand of your fishsh-t ? ,if you dont mind me asking.
                            Plants love that fishsh-t, for sure. Back long ago, that's all we used in our outdoor grows hole, 2-3 dead, rotten fish, on the bottom.
                            I been using Alaskan fishsh-t, here lately, it does fine, but I don't think it really matters that much, what kind of fish you use, lol
                            Your doing great, man, keep up the good job.
                            HappyGrowing

Thanks for the compliments I hope they continue doing well! The name is actually “Fish Sh!t”. I got samples at my local grow shop that I’m still using but it’s available on Amazon as well. A little goes a long way, and it smells pretty nasty so don’t spill haha

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                            SoOrbudgal commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for the container info. My hydro/grow shop has those square containers damn he wants $$ apiece. And he also sells fish sh!t. D.A.A.S.69 I have also done the outdoor bury fish in our big veggie garden years past. Now I use that Alaskan and mix it with guano, kelp juice in my tea. Great stuff. But i'm out used last of it yesterday and just have the mega crop.

• D.A.A.S.69
                            D.A.A.S.69 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            SoOrbudgal I know we used to grow some monsters, long ago, with fish, on the bottom. The Indians knew what they were doing !!
                            That MegaCrop is good stuff, for sure, super easy, and I like easy, that's what I'd be using if I still used nutrients.
                            750gram bag for free, you only pay shipping, about 6bucks, I think.
                            HappyGrowing

• Toker1
                            Toker1 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think we are confusing fish emulsion with Fish Sh!t. Fish emulsion is made from fish, where Fish Sh!t is a bottle of fish poop.
                            I use both, they work great.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X