Homemade Light Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Light Trap

Anybody made one? If so, care to show how you did it?

Thanks-!
    3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
    3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
    Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
    2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
    4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
    6" Oscilatting Fan
    GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
    "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Howdy Sledrock, What do You mean by a "light trap"? Do You mean a device to block un wanted light from entering the tent or grow area?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Sledrock
      Sledrock commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea, DW2 - I want keep Light from entering my tent while flowering.

Question - Does it matter if light Escapes a tent or just going IN during the "Dark Period"?

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sledrock, The only problem with light getting out is that it can also get in when it is supposed to be dark. I do not have a tent, I am using a closet in the spare room. I have 'blackout' curtains hung over the windows to prevent light infiltration but allow some air flow. And I have the curtain hung from the ceiling and wall to make a 'light lock' to keep light leaks down when entering or exiting the room when the grow lights are off.

I'll assume you mean to keep light from getting in while not inhibiting air flow. I found this online and it's worked pretty well. No issues with my plants yet. Could always make the ducting longer. It's just 4" duct and velcro tape on the cardboard that works with the velcro already on the tent for the flaps. Airflow is fine.
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      If one can see light coming out, then the tent can see light coming in. The inside of the ducting should be non reflecting so that the light will not reflect around the corner.

• WizardsNThings
      WizardsNThings commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not perfect. The room isn't used for the 12 hours of flower. More just caution in case my wife needs to turn on a light in there or something.

• Sledrock
      Sledrock commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the pic, WizardsNThings! (I noticed the light coming Out in your Pic - is that ok?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X