first indoor grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first indoor grow

hello my friends, i'm going to start my first indoor grow next week, and have chosen fox farms ocean forest soil. I have read several conflicting articles on whether or not to put my germinated seed right into the FFOF soil. love to hear you guys personal experiences .

I've started plenty of autoseeds in FFOF, and never had any problems, some Will say it's to hot, but that hasn't been my experience.
    I've also started some in KindSoil, some did great, some turned yellow and died, within 2-3days. And it is hot soil, for sure.
    GoodLuck
    HappyGrowing.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Gonna tag along...starting my first indoor as well. I've never used FFOF before but here we are.
      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

I've done all my indoor grows in FFOF (..6 plants I think). I germinate in a paper towel, then I put the FFOF in my final grow container, usually a 3 or 5 gallon fabric pot. But in the center of it, I dig a solo cup sized hole and fill it flush with the surface with a seed starter mix. Then I put the germinated seed in that, and it does great and eventually hits the other soil. And with watering in a circle around the seedling, I assume the nutrients from both soils mix a bit. Never had any issues doing it this way, but I think going straight into FFOF would be fine also.
        2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
        6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
        Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
        260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
          OlderNOTwiser commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, SNAP! Exactly what I'm trying right now. A Solomatic CBD popped this morning and I'm hoping for a purple punch (both autos) to pop soon.

I use a method similar to WizardsNThings with the seed starter being FFLightWarrior. And don't forget Perlite. Lots of Perlite. Auto Blueberry Domina

Comment

As noted above I'm also on grow #1 indoor also with FFOF. I'm curious about watering. The OF seems really loose to me and not what I'd normally call "soil" or "dirt". It has a very loose consistency and water seems to zip right through it. I have a CBD coming along nicely (first cbd and auto as well) and as a pure experiment I started two Gorilla Photo and plan to learn what I can about LST, manifolds and mainlines with them as they were a supplier mistake. They're still quite small so only watering around the dripline for now. I can't tell how far in the scant amount of water I'm giving them is penetrating but it seems if I go just a bit further it all ends in the catch pan underneath.

So the question for me is do you soak the OF first and let it dry into the planted zone and maintain moisture from there? When the plant gets bigger should we "water to runoff" or just up to that point? I think I've got most of this sorted out barring pests or diseases but the looseness of the OF has me stumped and I can't find good info on it.

johnb1963 have you got her dialed in yet?
          TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
          EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
          AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
          IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

hi Older, no i don't have anything dialed in. my plant is 8 days old today 11/10. I was giving her water daily, about a half hour before the light comes on. about 2 cups, in a tight circle around her. last night i doubled the water, and had about 20% run-off. switching to every other day now. i'll keep you posted

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X