Molasses questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Molasses questions

Hey all. My girls are about 2 weeks into 12/12 and i've been thinking of adding molasses to my grow. I currently am using GH Flora Trio and Calimagic in a 70/30 coco/perlite mix with fabric pots. I've never experimented with it before so i'd like some input.

First, is it worth it? Thats the obvious question and i've seen a lot of ya'll who swear by it so im willing to at least give it a try.

Second, i know it has to be unsulfered but do youhave any brands that you recommend? Preferably something i can get in US or on Amazon just for ease of procurement. On that note, any brands i need to stay away from?

Third, how do you use it? I know the site says 1/2 a teaspoon per gallon last 2-3 weeks but does mean you flush with it as well or stop before flushing. Do any of ya'll do it differently? Should i wait until last few weeks or start it now?

And fourth, any other tips and tricks to using molasses?

Thanks and happy growing!!!

I used it to feed the microbes in my supersoil ... once in flower, I used it weekly at 1 tsp per gallon. Don’t use in dwc. Most are the same molasses unless you’re eating it and have a preferred taste but, Grandmas’ BrerRabbit and Plantation are easily available in the US supermarkets

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh...so it's more for feeding the bennies than the actual plant. Seeing as i'm in coco/perlite and using non-organinc nutes it probably wont help i'm guessing? Maybe if i had some mycorrhizae added in the coco mix and used organic nutes it would actually do something but for this grow i dont see the benifit.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Tersky. Ask D.A.A.S.69 about his use of molasses, he turned me on to it and with a fuller explanation, you may find it valuable. I have read several discussions about it smoothing things out for smoke and some other thoughts but I have not been able to actually test out those statements. Maybe it is doing that for the super soil grows but I can’t say that yet. It may have substantial values but ...if you look up and stare at the sky, lots of people will look up and see something

I feed my plants throughout their grow life like this - nutes/nutes/flush - flush being molasses a tea blend or just plain water. Wholesome is the brand name i have - organic and unsulphered.
    I add one tablespoon per gallon.
    Does it make a difference? Guess the only way to know is having 2 plants growing and feed one molasses and the other water. So I don't know, but one likes to think all these little tricks we do to our plants does make a difference.
    I use molasses throughout my grow - not just at the end.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Howdy Tersky, I have used the un sulphured molasses in my DWC grows (at the rate of 1/2 teaspoon per gallon) and it did improve the buds some. I now use the GH Floralicious Plus (it has molasses and other good stuff in it) at the rate of 1 ml per gallon and it has given me better results in the DWC. The stuff is a little more expensive than the plain molasses, but the grow uses less and gives better results, if they could do something about the 'compost' smell(lol).
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X