trichome eating Virus or organism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trichome eating Virus or organism

I have had a problem for 3 years of a Trichome eating ,virus or micro-organism.The organism appears as a brillant red dot, it appears on the trichomes and devours them leaving no potentcy, and I do not know if it safe to smoke it or not.i have tried every pesticide and miticide alcohol, hydro peroxide, oxidate,hot pepper tea to no avail .I have tried to contact a lot of places and individuals with no success. Even the Labs have given me no response. I can see the organism under the [AO ONE TEN ]microscope but I do not know what it is or how to kill it .Can anyone help me? I tried to send Photos but can not load,Or will not load

Wow that's a tough one. No wonder you haven't heard back from anyone. I was going to say russet mites as they do like resin, but your pics show something entirely different.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah i thought the same thing, your plant would be very sick if that was the case, i agree with farmall it looks like a purple/reddish trichome

I have had the reddish centers in trichomes and even purple but they were always fully intact. Are you sure it’s the red thing causing the problem?

Comment

A healthy Trichome.

Comment

• StickFigureLover
        StickFigureLover commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice shot chief. What type of scope are you using??

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't take credit for the pic. I copied it from a Email

• StickFigureLover
        StickFigureLover commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah i see. I need to eventually get a unit. My local options are limited so luckily i wont have to think too much about it, lol

Are you growing in a tent? If it was mine - I would through the tent away and start over.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Canuck147 are you thinking some chemicals leaching out of the fabric causing a mutation ?

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Something so small one can't clean them all out.

Idk to me it looks like you have some pest that is eating your trichomes. Maybe thirps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx2H...e_gdata_player

The red kinda looks like a trichome turning amber to me but i may not be seeing it correctly.

Comment

Are you sure you are not eating the trichomes? Must be a pot headed mite. I myself have never seen red or purple in a trichome itself. Only seen the usual clear to cloudy to amber, and the if you let the plant go too long a dark orange when it begins degrading. You might try good old insecticidal soap as i do not see it in your list of pesticides.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	WIN_20191024_16_19_50_Pro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	204.4 KB ID:	345401
            Thank goodness for the USB Microscope.

Comment

Yesiree they are invaluable. This pic from October 2014 shows a Blue God that went too long, and you can see some of the trichomes have turned dark orange with the THC degrading. Click image for larger version  Name:	10-20-2014 Blue God.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.7 KB ID:	345418

Comment

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s about how I pick ‘em nowadays

This year's GSC looking very healthy. Click image for larger version

Name:	Girl Scout Cookies.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	345422

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Great shot yummy looking.

santiago are you still with us? I hope you aren't in Chile. Milton Friedman's getting an F down there in economics.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X