Temperature Ranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature Ranges

I just about have all the supplies to setup my environment, but one big thing I'm unsure of is whether my temperature range will be optimal.

I'm putting my 2*4 tent in my semi finished basement. I've been monitoring temps and they have been in the 18-19 C range over the past couple of weeks.(65-68ish F). It's probably going to drop a bit in temperature as we get into winter, but it's near my boiler/hot water tank so possibly not by much.

I'm doing DWC with top feed, and have two LED lights drawing 185 watts each. I imagine the air and water pumps will generate a little bit of heat, and so will the LEDs.

What should my target temperature be? How much temperature increase do you think I can expect from the equipment I'll be running in that space?

I have a 4" duct fan for ventilation and an oscillating fan for circulation. The tent is on a concrete floor which will be cool, but I can raise the tent or put insulation under it.

I'm guessing my temps will be on the low end of the spectrum but I'm not sure.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on ideal temps for DWC, and how much impact LED lights have on temp.

I have ideas for raising temperature but I'm not sure if it's critical that I have them ready to go from the start, or if I can just wait and see.

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't worry about your temperature range. My grow experienced 100 + temps this season, and still produced plenty of flower. Of course you shouldn't get below 32 degrees, but that is no worry considering you are next to your boiler. Nice and toasty there as my basement is. I have a modern home with a modern hot water heating system. Zone heating is great as you can control the temp in different areas of the house. I far prefer it over a forced air furnace. There is much less dust to contend with.

Comment

I have zone heating (in floor) in my house too, just not in my basement. I've considered making the guest room into a grow room so I can take advantage of that, but the wife isn't that into it...

Adding a hot water loop/zone valve/thermostat for my grow area is something I thought about, but it's a bit of work so I'm hoping I won't need it. It would be awesome though! I'd need to expand the operation to justify doing it šŸ˜€

Comment

I know that in my house when the external tent temperature is in those high 60's my internal tent temp is generally 10-15 degrees higher during the lights on time. I am running either a KIND L600 or KIND XL1000 in a 2x4x7 tent. When I vented back into the room space the temps inside the tent got to low 90s and when I vented outside they got ti 87 max. It did well in those temps with LEDS

Comment

Good stuff, thanks for the replies.
          ā€‹
          Iā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹t sounds like my temp range and setup are similar to yours Shanatical, so that helps put me at ease for now.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X