Clones..130 days into veg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clones..130 days into veg.

Here's a time line on my first attempt at cloning!. AK-47 photos, Cut clones early June, went dormant for about a month. Noticed some growth so re-potted(Major pH issues during this time.) Final transplant into 5gal pots with berger hydro mix. Two out of the three are doing amazing, The third one has some issues but seems to be struggling thru.. i'll keep at it!
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

I am new to growing and I am also cloning, I learned one thing from dissecting my first grow that may be helpful. I see you have jiffy pods in one of your pics. I learned that the roots do not like the little netting around the pod and they all had to grow out the top first, so on my next round of cloning I am going to try to remove it or at the very least cut slits in them to help the roots. I also used the same pods for my tomatoes and when I harvested them I did the same thing and pulled up the root, same exact thing, all had to grow up and out first. Hope it helps. Nice looking plants.

Comment

Hey dbdDemon! i agree with you 100% I have 2 new clones started(about a week now) This time went from clipping to rooting powder, straight into grow medium in a solo cup. So far so good.. Im also not using the peat pots anymore..they were suppose to decompose once planted into soil. YA..maybe outside where bugs n stuff can get at it but not in a tent. I did 3 photos from seed, planted peat pot straight into main pot(even cut/tore holes in the peat pot to help speed up decomposition). Heres the plants after harvest...peat pots are still there and you can see where roots had to struggle thru holes i made! Makes me wonder if the yield was affected at all. The clones have come around nicely and are growing like gangbusters!
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

Comment

I did some tomatoes with peats as well, I saw the same thing you did. Yours looked better than mine tho. I like the ease of the pods. My babies are in the incubator right now I am just hoping removing the mesh will go well, should know in a day or two. Definitely a learning experience. Nice looking plants you have there.

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          hey Demon, last time i freed my seedlings from the netting i just used a pair of good scissors and cut down both sides of the net,carefully peel it off as long as the roots arent too entwined. good luck!

• dbdDemon
          dbdDemon commented
          Editing a comment
          I am checking every day and at first sign I plan to remove netting. Very gently lol

Watered today, and last LST i think...i have no more room to spread the girls out. They have been a struggle but im really amazed at how they have turned around. The ugly duckling in the bunch Medusa is now over 3 1/2 feet wide. I'm going to start dropping the autos in hopes they stretch a bit before they switch to flower. in another couple of days i should achieve 21 sq feet of canopy! im on three different water schedules though....autos drink as much as Medusa(every 3 days) But, different nutes, and other two sisters are on a 4-5 day schedule. picky..
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X