Help setting up my grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help setting up my grow

Wanted to ask some advice since many people here will be experts or experienced growers.

I want to start a like medium growhouse setup. Right now I have access to these grow tents 3x3 4x4 4x8 and 5x10. The brand is virtual sun except the 3x3 which is vivosun.

I attached pictures of the lights I have access to so you can see what I’m taking about.

I think I will start off with 5gal dwc/rdwc then transition to 13gal Ez Stor buckets and build a rdwc when I can afford those kind of buckets.

I decided to use grow tents instead of converting rooms because when I did a bit of calculations it will cost less to use tents than to convert a room plus it’s a rented space so the tents makes it easier to pack up and leave. I may get 2 or 3 vivosun 10x10 grow tents cause they are around $350 but I’m not sure as yet.

My goal is to grow 5-10lbs every few weeks using auto flowers.

I chose some seeds from seedsman.com the genetics are from sweet seeds and Dutch passion.

Dark Devil (auto)

Girl Scout Cookies (auto)

Glueberry OG (auto)

Blackberry Kush (auto)

Would really appreciate any guidance you guys can give me in the process.

To get 10lb off of autos every two weeks you will be looking at roughly 40 plants per harvest totaling 240 all the time for a Perpetual grow. Would need 480sqft just for plants alone and would need to run 4480 (actual) watts in that total space. You did not cover ventilation and climate control which is another whole big ball game.

Can I ask you some questions

why do you need this setup?
    have you grown cannabis before?
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-18-2019, 11:18 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

How are you ventilating?
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

MR.FURLEY

You said 40 plants per harvest and 240 in total, so that would be 6 separate grows, I have 630w CMHs, I am going to use grow tents and not convert rooms. I have 4x8, 5x10, 8x8 and 10x10 grow tents. im using a RDWC system i build from 5gal buckets. I am a hydroponic grower by trade but for veggies like leafy greens, tomatoes peppers and eggplants. I grew cannabis a few time just for fun but nothing serious.
        For Ventilation and cooling I have a good amount of 16" oscillating fans, 8" and 10" carbon filters and exhaust fans. and I have access to AC.

I was originally thinking of a way to cool those HPS lights but i dont think i will be able to because they cant be air-cooled, i dont like burple lights for growing so I last choice are the CMHs which run a bit cooler and may not get the temps in the tent too crazy.

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          The plant numbers are a rough average, some peeps get more some get less. Depending on Phenotype, environment and growers ability.

You are going to need a good source of fresh intake air and good exhaust to the outside, I would say that the AC is going to be a must at that level, watts are watt no matter what the source is it's still a conversation of energy to heat.

Good luck and I would love to see some pictures when it's up and going.

Thanks man I will send you some pictures when its up and running.

Comment

Has anyone used these Lights before from SPIDER FARMER

Unlock Explosive Plant Growth with 2023 new version SF2000 Samsung 301H evo LED Grow Light! Boost Yields and Maximize Indoor Harvests. Grab Yours Now! 🌱💡✨

2024 new version Spider Farmer SF4000 LED grow light is equipped with Samsung LM301H EVO diodes and adds additional red and blue light, yields up to 2.5g/w

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X