Dry ice hash questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry ice hash questions

How much dry ice per how much buds is my first question. The second is can you also make the hash from the trim leaves which have tricomes?

Howdy Formernuke, When I made the dry ice hash, I used approximately one pound of chunked dry ice with about one ounce of dried crushed (crumbled up by hand, looking for seeds) bud. The dry ice chunks need to be about two to three inches in size so that they have enough mass to knock the frozen tricomes loose, but not so large that they can damage the micron screen when shacking out the frozen tricomes.
    I do not hake the hash any more because, in my opinion, it is wasteful (articles that I have seen all say to save the left overs' for edibles). I now, just dry, clean out any seeds, bake it, and grind it fine for caps. Works well for me and no waste!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I'm wondering if it might be more effective for turning large amounts into tinpictures without worry about the bud going bad in storage.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I store my un used, but cured, bud in glass jars in the freezer until needed.

<The second is can you also make the hash from the trim leaves which have tricomes?> If they have trichomes, of course you can.

I make my Dry Ice Hash from the sugar leaves and little buds that are too small to smoke. What do you make hash with?

Comment

Haven't tried dry ice but using regular ice it's amazing how much hash you get our of shake and trim. It's labor intensive depending on how many bags you run it through but you can't argue with the yield.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X