Ventilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ventilation

I'm a couple of weeks into my second grow and have a ventilation question. How many hours a day should I run the fan? I'm running a 3x3x6'7" Gorilla tent lit with a LED HLG 100 V2 4K and vented with a 6" Jetfan w/carbon filter. I have three indica girls in the tent and the temperature stays in the low 70's and RH stays mid to high 50's. In my first grow I ran the fan 24/7, had great results with the temp/RH similar to what I have now, but am wondering if constant ventilation is really necessary if I can keep the temp/RH in acceptable ranges.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Once they start to smell, you’re going to want 24/7 but if your stirring up the air helping to stiffen up the plant stems , cut back occasionally. The plants do need fresh air and the negative pressure in the tent helps keep airflow thru the lower openings active. Maybe consider a speed control for the fan?

Comment

Howdy golfnrl, I would run the fans (both circulation and ventilation fans) 24/7 because the plants will do better when the air is moving constantly around them and it will replenish the available CO2 for the plants.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx DW2...That's how I ran it on my first grow. For some reason I was thinking I might run the fans on the same schedule as the grow light...maybe cause I was thinking that after a few puffs of indica... :>)

Multiple fans, 24x7 - IMO.

Keep the tops dancing and the the air flow under the canopy circulating.

Comment

Keep them fans on. Can't have too much fresh air intake and all leaves moving all the time would be the goal!
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

I agree with most of what has been said. I keep it on for air exchange and heat control. I also use a clip on fan for circulation but oscillating fans and the like are also good to keep flying insects from landing on your grow medium and laying eggs. It shouldnt be your go-to pest prevention but iv'e found it helps. Plus the gentle wind helps strengthen stems in flower and helps prevent bud rot when the tent gets a little crowded.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X