Need to purchase seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to purchase seeds

So, I started germinating Northern Lights (af) seeds 10 days ago. The seeds produced a single plant which is now in a reservoir in my tent. The other 3 seeds I planted failed. I bought the seeds from Nirvana a year ago, so I'm not really blaming Nirvana, but I am interested in a domestic (CONUS) provider.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

I cant suggest any domestic providers. The only one i know of that people have used is New420Guy but i have no experience with them. The only other one i know of that is close to the US is True North Seed bank and i have never used them either. Ive used Nirvana, Seedsman and MSNL and would recommend all of them really. Ran into some issues with mail on MSNL but they made it right and am currently growing 4 plants from them that look healthy. Hopefully someone else can comment on the other seed banks.

Comment

if i were on the US i would buy seeds form ocean grown seeds, you can check their work out in the youtube channel vader og they sell seeds thru lumberjackseedsource.com. pass is timber

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        I live in the US and had no idea! Thats good info for when i next buy seeds!

• madams9
        madams9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately their prices are a little high and there is no option to purchase less than 10 at a time. Also, they don't appear to offer auto flowering varieties. I've looked at the reviews for growerschoiceseeds.com and they seem to be hit and miss. At this point, I'm leaning toward Seedsman or possibly Royal Queen. I'll make a decision tomorrow and it will be what it will be.

I wish the US federal govt. would get on board with all this and make life easier, but I've been accused of serious overoptimism.

I appreciate the information, so thanks much for that.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        in that case, royal queen seeds just won two "best seedbank" awards in europe this year. thats were im buying from next

I have ordered from True North Seed Bank three times now and never a problem. They ship world wide but only offer guaranteed delivery insurance(15$) in the US/Canada. They have a pretty large seed bank, probably close to 50. Nirvana, Royal Queen,Dutch Passion,Canuk(I use) etc...they also have stealth shipping..gotta buy a t-shirt or a mug and they stick it in there. oh ya, and some of their suppliers let you buy 1-3-5 seeds per strain.. Worth a look.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

I have bought new420guys seeds and had little to no problem with his stuff. Fems are fems, autos are autos, regular are regular. Iv Run about 10 strains some have been winners and some I won't grow again, seeds are cheap, you can order 2, 4 ,10 and he ship's pretty fast. There are some people that have complained about getting males from him, but like I said I haven't seen this problem first hand.

There is also Oregon Elite seeds, they have a good selection.

And if you dig around on goggle you will find seed banks in Colorado as well as other places. I can only speak of the two listed above from personal reference for domestic seeds.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I've purchased from Southern Oregon Seeds..very happy, good product. I called and spoke to a person on the phone. Mailed a check and waited for it to clear before they shipped.

Comment

So, here we are on Thursday. I tried repeatedly to get registered at new420guy's site and never received a password. Wound up ordering from Southern Oregon Seeds, at a bit of a premium, and will get a check in the mail to them ASAP. It would be good of them to put the idea that you will have to send them a check or money order a bit more up front in the process. I suppose it is what it is and I hope to get the seeds in the next month so that I can get a harvest going by next February. I'll be starting a diary here soon, so there's that.

Thanks so much for all the input. You guys rock!
          Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

Wow that is hard to believe about Nirvana seeds. I have never had even one of their seeds fail to germinate. This company is in the U.S., and on the up and up. If they have it in stock it could be in your hands in three business days. https://bakedbeans-cannabis-seeds.com/ Send them an email.

Comment

Originally posted by starramus View Post
            Wow that is hard to believe about Nirvana seeds. I have never had even one of their seeds fail to germinate. This company is in the U.S., and on the up and up. If they have it in stock it could be in your hands in three business days. https://bakedbeans-cannabis-seeds.com/ Send them an email.
            I'm not really inclined to pursue it since those seeds were purchased about a year ago. They were in the original blister package, but they were just laying around at room temperature the whole time. I haven't looked into it, but a year seems like a long time to just lay around, no?

Comment

• Tersky
              Tersky commented
              Editing a comment
              Stored properly they can last 5 or 6 years. 2 of the plants im growing are seeds that are 2-3 years old and they were stored half properly. But i had to go through a couple seeds before i found the ones that finally germinated. Here's a link if your interested.
              Marijuana seeds should be keep in a cool, dark place such as a basement or in your refrigerator. Heat and moisture 'signal' to the seeds that it's time to sprout, so as long as you keep the seeds in a dry, dark environment they can remain viable for years. I have heard cases of seeds sprouting after being in storage for 5-6 years. However, you will notice that older seeds take longer to germinate then fresh seeds and a few of them may not geminate at all. As time goes on, fewer and fewer of the seeds will successfully germinate.

• madams9
              madams9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know Tersky. Thanks!

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              My wife the gardener says seven years, but there are folks on the forum who have stated decades. Only one year old there is something wrong there.
              Last edited by starramus; 10-17-2019, 06:00 PM.

Just throwing this out there, I never purchased from them (registered for their spam)
            Some old school breeders in their list (DJ short, lucky dog, maddfarmer, ..) surprisingly, no brothers Grimm?

Elevate your grow with SeedsHereNow.com: premium feminized and autoflower cannabis seeds. Exceptional genetics, unbeatable prices, and expert support since 2010.

Comment

FYI....sent a personal check to Southern Oregon Seeds on Saturday..........received my package today with a free bee....Great service.

Comment

What about Mephisto genetics? I ordered from their Canadian site and received my order 6 days later with 30% more in freebies. Trouble is they do not have a credit card system in place to pay for orders

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X