Northern Lights 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Northern Lights 2.0

Hey everyone, well everyone thats reads this! So onto my 6th grow i think, smoked to much so cant rememeber exactly! So i decided since i had seeds spare and I've now gained some experience and knowledge i decided to go back and do Northern Lights again (Northern Lights was my first grow) im just past week 3 and she is growing good and strong. Nearly time for topping as i want to manifold it again as that worked great last time. Moving house soon so will have bigger space to let this baby grow bigger.

Im using Bio mix light, used before successfully. Just done first water with canna vega. 10% run off with normal tap water left to stand over night.

In the attached pics you will see its steady growth over a couple of weeks.

So...i topped and trimmed her back went well and checked 4 hrs later and all looking good. Will be checking first thing in the morning to see she's ok and signs of growth. I have before and after pics.

Comment

• Xconian
      Xconian commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey man it looks good. I’m growing a northern lights/white widow hybrid and it’s cool to see the resemblance. I noticed with topping her that it literally did not shock her at all. And not long after I pruned a bunch of crap off I didn’t want and she still stood strong. The only time I really got shock was from transplant but it was short lived. First time grower here and I’m having a blast. Your plant looks good from what I’ve experienced, good work

The start of my manifold. She's looking good so far, good and strong

Comment

Hey everyone, so all going well with my girl. Growing strong and im shaping her up nicely so far. Watering time is about 4ltrs water with 2.5ml canna vega per ltr. I mist as often as i can to keep humidity up as room normally sits about 40%.

Comment

nice work MrHappy81. i'll be doing the same technique, once i start me grow! get us posted!

Comment

• MrHappy81
          MrHappy81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that johnb1963. I love the hands on approach. Its a great feeling of satisfaction training it like this. I'll try doing regular updates of my progress.

Hi everyone, im sorry its been so long but moving house is a mission and been a bit laxed in my updates. Im on week 5 of flower now and she is looking great. She is gulping about 3ltrs of water, using per ltr 2ml of ignition, 2ml of accelerator canna, 4ml of canna flore and 1ml pk 13/14. Loads of lovely bud sites, the plant magic ignition has done exactly what it says!!!! I have loads of pictures at least of i can get them all on here! I have 14 colas growing as i had an incident where i broke 2 growths off by mistake but got lucky when a little under nug grew out. I will try and update more often from now.

Comment

The photos of her tied back are from the 8th December, trimmed her right back a couple days before change to 12/12.

Comment

These are the most recent photos, im using the nutes that i mentioned in my 1st new update, i started using the flores and pk when pistlis showed. I used the canna vega and ignition when i flipped the time over. Anyway thats all i have for now, i will take more pictures on sun when i next update. Enjoy

Comment

Into week 6, still growing steadily and getting frostier as the days go by. She loves the nutes i am feeding her. Still working on my own grow room when time allows it but im happy that i at least have a tent.

Comment

MrHappy81 Looking good!
                3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
                3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
                Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
                2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
                4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
                6" Oscilatting Fan
                GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
                "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

It looks great for such a tiny space. I'm curious about that rack under the pot, what are the benefits of using it?

Comment

• MrHappy81
                    MrHappy81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Aye It's a nice tiny wee space, thankfully enough to grow a plant! The rack i made cos i got fed up lifting the plant out or up to get saucer out, sometimes i would have to remove the plant from the tent. It was annoying so i made a rack to remove the saucer easier.

Great work! I'm looking for a suitable rack to accommodate my smart pots too. Did you make that yourself?
                  A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• MrHappy81
                    MrHappy81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks BR2K.I made it myself and after a few different modals i came up with that. I used uni-strut components, i use it sometimes for my work for constructing framework. I used 4 T pieces, M10 nuts, washers and threaded rod. Its galvanised so won't rust really. Its great stuff, when i build my grow room i will use uni-strut for supporting my lights.

Great job MrHappy, they look great. Have you ever grown autos? My girls are 4 weeks at 12/12.

Comment

• MrHappy81
                    MrHappy81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey thanks, i try hard to keep them good! Plenty of research pays off! I've done a few autos, i have a grow journal of my black babushka, i am planning to do an auto in the near future once i get my grow room finished. It will have a photo in 1 section and an auto in the other.

What kind of yield did you get from the auto?

Comment

• MrHappy81
                    MrHappy81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Erm....now i have to think. I got at least 2 ounce dry. The strain i used smelt wonderful and was a lovely smoke. But I was really restricted for space at the time and i was also learning about the plant as well. I reckon now though hopefully with my planned extra space and dare i say it more experience i should be able to grow it bigger and get a bigger yield. I kept it on 18/6, i think all plants need a night cycle so wouldn't do what some people i read about do and do 24hrs. I used fluorescent bulbs, long sized 2700k 35w.

Hi everyone who reads this! So been away for few days, had my grandas funeral and helped to clean his house out. I was excited to get back home and see the growth of my lovely girl. I was not disappointed when i opened the tent up. She was definitely sparkling more. I watered her and she took a good drink again, 3 and a half ltrs water with 15% run off. I am adding a little more off the canna boost, onto 3ml a litre now. 4ml canna flora, 1.5ml pk 13/14 and 2 ml of plant magic ignition.

The photos included are from last night, January 25th at 8pm. I have taken some pictures of my full grow cupboard, you can see the space i have for future development coming soon.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good morning Mr.Happy81 Sorry to hear about Grandpa I hope you have forever fond memories of him.

I bet she smells just wonderful. Bet you can't wait to get your new space started.

• MrHappy81
                    MrHappy81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SoOrbudgal, yeh lits of fond memories thank you. He was an amazing man.

She smells amazing, stuck my nose in this morning and mmmm is all i can say!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X