Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Grower - Nutrients

Hello Everyone,

I am a first time grower and am ordering my final products. As I live in Southeast Asia, the only brand of nutrient products available to me right now is Grow Technology.

My Grow Setup:

- Marshydro 4x4 tent
    - Bestva 1500w DC Series LED
    - 4x12 inch Carbon Filter, 350cfm inline fan with speed control, and less than 5 feet of ducting
    - Final pots will be 5 gallon fabric pots
    - Cocopeat Perlite 60/40 mix
    - Pinneaple Express Autoflower seeds
    - I intend to grow 4 plants in the tent and try 1 outside

Questions:

- Will passive air intake be OK, or do I need to setup active air intake?

- MAIN QUESTION: Nutrients

I have looked at various feed schedules for Ionics, and it seems that if I follow it with all recommended products it will cost me quite a bomb per harvest. I have already ordered the Ionics coco grow and bloom 1 liter, and the cal mag 1 liter. I am about to order the rest of the recommended products, but before doing so would appreciate some input.

Based on the feed chart I will be using 5ml per liter of the coco grow during vege and 5 to 7ml of the coco bloom during the flowering stage. Many recommend to use the grow longer than Grow Technology recommends, so this should be the product used up the fastest. Is it correct that each 5 gallon pot/plant will require roughly 2 liters of water per day? If so, that means I will use 10ml Ionics grow per day per plant (40 to 50ml). This means 1.2 liters to 1.5 liters per month. If I follow the feed chart attached with all recommended products, it will cost me quite a bit.

Is my math correct? Is there something I'm missing?

Are all of these products worth it? Any worth leaving out?

Also, I will be transplanting from rockwool, to seedling bags, to 1/2 gal, to 5 gal. So I do understand that the amount of product needed will be less when in smaller containers than 5 gal.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MLDGrower; 10-15-2019, 07:42 PM.
    1st Grow
    MarsHydro 4x4x7 Tent
    Bestva 1500w DC Series LED
    Coco Perlite 60/40
    Grow Technology Ionics Nutrients
    5 Gallon Fabric Pots
    4 x 12 inch Carbon Filter with 350CFM Inline Fan
    4 Indoor Plants
    1 Outdoor Plant

I’m new to growing but giving a Cannabis plant 2 liters a day I believe is way to much I’ve been giving my plants enough water till I get 20% run off and then don’t water again till soil is dry buckle deep I don’t know if it’s the same as coco but seams like to much water
    right now I’m watering every 3-5 days and only provide Nutes one a week
    First grow
    2 northern lights auto,white widow photo,sour diesel photo,2 Bruce banner auto, 5 sweet tooth auto
    soil fox farms happy frog 30% perlite added
    2 sweet tooth autos in dwc
    4 greengo 1200w led
    general hydroponics flora trio nutes
    grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
    490cfm exhaust

Comment

Coco is different. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't over water coco and should never let it dry out.
      1st Grow
      MarsHydro 4x4x7 Tent
      Bestva 1500w DC Series LED
      Coco Perlite 60/40
      Grow Technology Ionics Nutrients
      5 Gallon Fabric Pots
      4 x 12 inch Carbon Filter with 350CFM Inline Fan
      4 Indoor Plants
      1 Outdoor Plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X