Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback for new grower

New grower here...and loving it 😁

Since this is my first grow, I’d just like some feedback on what’s happening and what to expect.

Pictures are the top colas of just 2 of my plants, but the other 2 are the same so no pics of those ladies. Is this growth normal? Do they look like they need something? Does anything look wrong?

Also...how much longer from here?

**these are Big Bang autos that hatched July 24...so almost at 12 weeks since sprouted.
    **Fun fact: currently undergoing a Thrip infestation. Tomorrow I declare war in the little buggers.
    ** Bad Farmer: I didn’t take note of when pistils emerged...so no real idea how far into flowering I really am.

Cheers
    YYC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Glamour shot. Those blurple lights can be amazing.

Comment

I would say 4-5 weeks. Those will be some nice colas!! Good luck with the thrips...hard to see those little buggers.. there was a couple of good posts last week/w pictures of them under leaves...almost impossible to see without magnification.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Those might have been the vids I posted. I’m expecting my live predatory mites to arrive today. Then I get to play God of War on the thrips 😡

July 24th since sprout and they are autos. Your a little behind with the progression of flowering it takes a couple grows with either strain to get the knowledge of how they progress. You'll need to write down in future day they sprout and placed them in their final home then first sign of preflower to first sign of small fuzzy budlets. Then you'll get a better idea. I'm sure you've figured this out already What are you doing 18/6? for light? I'm thinking you have at least 6wks to go, how close is your light, how big is it? But those are sure pretty pics they will fill in rapidly now, give them as much light as you can.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        So for lights currently I am just using an Amazon bought light
        1200W LED Grow Light, Plant Grow... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GDDR523?...p_mob_ap_share
        Running 18/6 w/ both the veg and bloom switches on.
        Height is approx 22-24” above canopy

I have LED strips coming from Cutter (Australian light company) to make my own custom light fixture that will replace the Amazon light. My new lights will give me a true 600w for my 4x4 tent. I might do a build log and post it. The build isn’t cheap. Led strips were over CAD$800, plus 4 drivers at a total of $240, plus framing material will be about another $100. (And for Gods sake don’t tell my wife how much it all costs) 🤣🤣

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like @SoOrbugal said, they are way,way behind, they should be done by now ,or close to it.
        You must have had pest problems, early in the grow, or something else.
        But they sure are pretty.

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh. I’m pretty sure I did more than a few things wrong. 😉
        The biggest mistake was not knowing that as soon as pistils are showing that light and nutes need adjusting. I was probably a couple of weeks into flowering before I changed nutes or lights . Add in a Thrips plague and this is where I am at the moment.

Oh well. It’s all part of learning. Hopefully the next set of girls works out better.

That's how most of us learned trial and error and keeping a record of the grow. I've looked back in my notebook of weed and have corrected some of my ways. I'm still trying to keep my hands off the tent plants when they are vegging and I see too many leaves. It's way different from outdoor where you have months to fix. LOL Your doing fine, you will get a harvest. And fella you are going to be slamming that next grow with your new toys. LOL hide da bills
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Dont sweat it man. My first grows were damn near criminal! I dont mean in a good way!. It's taken years of trial and error,along with help from this website to get where i am today, and even then there are many things i can do better, but the coolest thing is getting a fat harvest for the first time. This pic is from my first "successful" harvest. I was so damn proud of myself! You'll get there my man!
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Mighty fine there Tersky yes sir that is a thing of beauty.

Thanks for the support 😁

Comment

So it’s been a few weeks since I first posed this question (Oct 14). Being a paranoid new grower I’m just looking to follow up so I can track where things are at.

First the pics.

These are the same colas from the start of this thread. One cola is Runty...she’s already had all her pistils turn brown and shrink...this also happened due to trying to treat some root rot ( see here https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-keep-or-cull) The treatment caused a massive phosphorus lockout and lil’ Runty got all spotty and ugly. I’m not sure if she is going to fatten up.

The other cola is fattening nicely. Hairs are still long and white.

Feedback is welcome

Cheers
          YYC
          Attached Files

Comment

hey YY, i think i said 4-5 weeks last photo.. i say another 3 weeks with the latest pic. First bud looks nice and tight, second pic is getting phat and a way's to go yet! keep us posted.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Comment

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks homegrown for the feedback. 😉

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X