How tall can it go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tall can it go

Is it normal for a gg#4 to grow 6 to 7 feet thin thin and lanky very skinny stems

Are you growing indoors or outdoors? If indoors, it is most likely that your light is too far away or not powerful enough. If outdoors, I'm guessing here, not the right nutes.

Comment

Yes they can grow tall. Check what kingfish mentioned first. You can help thicken the stems and cell walls by adding silica to your nutrient regimine.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Used all the right nutrients the plant finally got to about it's about 7 Foot we got about two and a half ounces out of it and now have A C 99 I found it is about two and a half years old to seed damn plant have to chop it down so tall won't fit in a 7 foot tent it's in flower week 4 it'd be a shame I've got 8-foot ceilings in my house and it's only about 6 inches from that can't put a light on it it would be too close any suggestion

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Super Crop it don't destroy it bend the branches it's what I would most certainly do with the time you took to grow it, would be a waste to me?

Plants with lanky, skinny stems are generally starved for light. Add more light. If plants are packed too tightly together they will stretch for the light and get tall and lanky. Reduce density and/or thin branches. Oscillating fans blowing over your plants can help somewhat in reducing stretching of branches and helps with botrytis and in promoting dense mats of trichomes. Some think the excessive air movement may promote more severe cases of powdery mildew. I fog a pesticide made plant based ingredients every night for about 5 minutes (just long enough to get a visible fog and I have it on a timer) and that keeps pm, aspergillus, and botrytis in check. In summary, have good lighting, don't let your crop get too dense, move air through it (enough to get a little wiggle action from leaves and stems) and prevent diseases by spraying proactively.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X