Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hope and a macro lens.

Sept 9th
    After reading so many accounts of not wasting any plant and being like minded I decided instead of destroying my clones due to a lack of space in my small 2x4 tent ( reserved for my 1st Auto grow in late Sept) and the fact that I was leaving on a 10 day trip, that I would flower them under my old mars Hydro reflector light in a makeshift room in my unheated garage.
    How could I get the plants to survive while I was away was the big question?
    The grow room I came up with is made from a few old hollow core interior doors, some 3/4 inch plywood and a couple tarps. Just to make it clear we are having night time temp of -12C or 10 F. So the plants had to be able to survive cold and no watering for 10 days...hmmm!
    I placed a small space heater in the room so no freezing was covered. Then set up an oscillating fan. The plants were gently transplanted into 10 gallon pots using a good soil and watered until they were drenched thoroughly. So fingers crossed and away we went.
    When I arrived home I half expected some dried out shriveled plants that probably deserved a decent burial.
    Much to my surprise they looked ok and were flowering away... but in need of water.
    They are clones from a bagseed plant and part of my learning curve on all aspects of growing. However the smoke isnt half bad from the original plant so why waste?
    Here are some pictures of the plants and some macro shots of the flowers. The macro lens is my part of my ongoing attempts to take better looks at the trichomes. Just may have solved that.
    Still a ways to go but hey, barring a major disaster it appears we will have another unexpected harvest soon.

PS, Since I returned home I switched lights to the 238 QB led.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 10-12-2019, 06:45 PM.

Wow sir very nice save, good for you for keeping it going. Who knows what kinda harvest you'll get but you will get to harvest thanks to your ingenuity! The more I work with cannibus the more I see how they bounce back from neglect. Great care now feed those gals they need it looks like.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      agree SoOrbudgal, some of the fan leaves are yellowed so gave them a couple feeds of Remo nutes. Things seem stable but I only check on them every second day usually. Will continue feeding until a week to 10 day left in flower. Maybe 4/5 weeks to go.

Passed on your solution to friend who does a bit of traveling.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope it gives them some options to consider.
      This forum is all about options, ideas and helping.
      What a great place.

Here is the progress of the clone grow in the garage, Buds are getting sticky and bigger. Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_201216.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	343537Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_201304.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	343538Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_201255.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	343539

Comment

Happy Halloween looks like you get the treat!
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Taken today, Trichs all clear, Buds filling out.
        They are very thirsty due to the dry heat, but still all in all doing well.
        A few more weeks and we should be close to a harvest.
        Attached Files

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Atta way to go JohnEmad very nice your going to love seeing those trichs mature with your loupe. Great looking plant

With all our cold and snow I am impressed and relieved how well the make-shift grow room in the unheated garage has turned out. My wife watered the plants every second or 3rd day while I was away. Glad she was home. The flowers have fattened up and are nice and sticky. The branches are heavy.
        The trichs are about 70% cloudy with some tops showing more amber then others. Maybe a couple weeks or so to go so only water now and a little time till harvest.
        Last edited by JohnEmad; 11-08-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Took a sample bud to dry and test. Some of the flowers show 10 to 15% amber while some have maybe 2-3%.
          Trouble is we are hitting -25 C and I have been forced to start up another space heater in the garage to keep the plants from cold shock.
          Be glad when they have finished. Been flowering since very early September. Close to 9 weeks.
          Tough plants and resilient. Temp has been swinging from 18 to 28C and RH has been low at 20% or so for the last few weeks.
          The 2 week forecast seems to be in my favor.
          Go ladies...Go!

Comment

Dried the bud for about 4 days.
            It was a little harsh but not too bad. Almost an instant head rush followed by a nice body high.
            My wife and I smoked it about 1/2 an hour before supper, Oops! not much for leftovers. lol!
            So decided to harvest the smaller of the 2 and let the other ripen a little bit more.
            Real happy with the results.
            Basically neglected, abused and forgot about these plants for days at a time only giving the basics of life.
            Soil was good and tapwater only used. Not ph'd. What survivors.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by JohnEmad; 11-14-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

180 gm plus the 8 gm bud so 188 total fresh or about 40 gms dry. should be close to 3 oz between the 2 plants.
              Really anything is a bonus.
              Last edited by JohnEmad; 11-14-2019, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Last garage plant getting some attention. Tied her up so she doesnt break a branch.
                Now I know what a heavy cola is.
                Attached Files

Comment

This plant just keeps slowly adding flower and is till a week or more from ready. Buds are nice and heavy but not super sticky..
                  Still great for an "I don't care " plant.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Close to 12 weeks in flower and still only 10% amber at best. The weekend is chopping time. This old gal deserves to rest.
                    Not the stickiest but heavy buds for sure. Real stinky my wife says. My sniffer doesn't work the best(probably due to several real bad nose breaks over the years) but smell isn't everything. I am sure there are good and bad jokes for that comment...lol
                    Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X