Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Northernbud Welcome! Funny you should bring this up, because I decided that on my next grow I'm going to germinate more seeds and keep the strongest plants. I've ended up with super-slow or runty growers next to really strong seedlings, and I don't want no more runts.

• Rwise
    replied
    Old school bag seed we would do way more than we grew, select the best of the plants, pull the runts, pull males. The seed I have today is way more pricey than bag seed, like the others 1 for 1 and grow the runts out,,,,

Leave a comment:

• BearsFan
    replied
    How you germinate could make a big difference with your success rate. I struggled my first time and wasted 4 crop kings seeds using jiffy pucks(never again). I have been having 100% success, **knock on wood, soaking the seed in water for about 24-36hrs and then straight to a cup,about an inch or so, with soil. I then cover the cup with a plastic sandwich bag until they pop(2-4 days). I skip the the paper towel thing altogether.

good luck and happy growing!

Leave a comment:

• Northernbud
    replied
    Thanks all for the advice, this is what I was hoping to hear. I'll start with 2.

I'll update when I germ my seeds.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I don't germinate anymore than I plan on growing so if your growing 2 plants germinate 2 fem seeds. Good luck and welcome to GWE best place to learn about growing weed in my opinion

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    I only germinate the seeds I plan to grow - no extra - can always start another if one runs into a difficulty.
    I too have autoflower plants growing - purchased from Crop King Seeds - I know yours aren't autoflowers.
    Good luck growing and welcome to this forum Northernbud .

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    Welcome to the group Northernbud

I germinated only the amount of seeds i have room for, with good reputable genetics you should have a 100% germination rate and if you don't you well know within a week so starting more seeds is still a option.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-12-2019, 01:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Northernbud
    started a topic Germination rates and seedling quality

Germination rates and seedling quality

Hi everybody, new member here kicking off an indoor grow in the next week or so.

I would love to hear how many seeds you guys typically germinate compared to how many plants you plan to grow. I have 5 fem white widow seeds and plan to grow 2 plants initially in a 2*4 tent. They should be quality seeds, purchased from Crop Kings.

Is it a waste to germinate more than two? If you germinate multiple seeds in similar conditions, do you expect to have some that are significantly stronger than others?

I have some memory from over a decade ago of my buddy starting a bunch of seeds and selecting only the strongest few to grow. These seeds aren't cheap and I know I'll have a hard time killing good plants if I germinate too many.

What do you guys do? I don't want to waste seeds, but I want to have the healthiest plants possible in my tent.

Thanks in advance.
    M

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X