will low temps harm buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will low temps harm buds

i have some plants that are in the 6th week of bloom , they look like there in the 8th week really full. outdoor ,the temp is suppose to go to 49 tonight, just wondering if anyone has been there.thanks

You should be ok as long as it doenst hit freezing temps. Another thing to watch out for is wpm or but rot. The lower temps and more humid air creates problems. Check on them constantly and if you have to pull them early its better than getting mold and having nothing ;D
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Cold nights often means morning dew that equates to elevated spore counts for various nasties. If the buds are wet at least shake them out a few times in the a.m If u can get a fan on them even better.

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        I recently heard shaking them actually makes the water soak into the buds worst. I dont grow outside so im not claiming to be a expert

• Smokesteve
        Smokesteve commented
        Editing a comment
        Cloud I'm mainly going on advice given by a guy who has been growing out and in for years. I suppose it depends on how wet the buds are and also the drying conditions.

Your good at 49*F I am looking at 29* in the morning,,,,

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        27 this morning in the desert. My grow room was 52 with 3 heaters going all night. Can't wait till harvest lol

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        We dropped to 28, the girls had frost on them and I hosed it off (light mist) before daybreak. Worked well, I see no damage,,,,

thanks all for the advice, glta

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X