Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice for first timer please

Hi,
    long story, I'm a first time grower for my benifit to help with my pains, hopefully. I live in the UK and we are entering
    our autumn months, I have 2 plants in my pollytunnel thats unheated. Now the days are getting shorter and temps are dropping so if I can post pictures I will try, and perhaps someone can tell me what stage I'm at, because unfortunatly they don't seem to be too well, I'm wondering if the night time temps are too low now. the plants are different, one I think was Dutch passion, and the other I cant remember but they were supposed to be okay with our UK climate. Unfortunatly my pollytunnel is along side my neighbours boundary and if he gets an idea what I'm growning he's the sort the will tell the authorities, as it is still illegal in the UK, and as a 70 femail I don't fancy being hauled up in the courts, so, can't realy put lights or heat on as he will wonder why. Anyway, perhaps someone might tell that I'm near to getting a crop. They dont look healthy, they have lost a lot of bottom leaves and one has started showing a mold on the top of what I presume will be the flower, the purple coloured one hasn't had this, so far I've just pinched the mold bits off. Anyway,I said its was a long post, will try and add the pictures, if Ican't I will go away and find out how to make them smaller and then repost, meanwhile, can I have your thoughts.

If I understood, you're growing outdoors where it's illegal, and a neighbor is known to be the type to report you. I would bring them inside immediately. Put them inside a proper grow tent with an extraction fan that pulls air (from within the tent) through the filter. You'll need lights. Ordinary household LED lightbulbs work. But, they can be a pain to setup initially (all the sockets, mounting, etc.).

Having plants outside with an unfriendly neighbor is begging for trouble. I'm surprised you haven't had a problem yet. Cannabis plants can smell very strongly, especially in flower.

Comment

hi divaling, i dont see any signs of mold in pic, as a matter of fact, they look really good. az2000 is right, they are going to start to smell...im in ontario and its harvest time right now...you can walk around the block and its pretty pungent. almost skunky. Can you have pet skunks in the UK? problem solved....
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Thanks for your replies, no skunks in the UK well not the four legged type. Regarding the neighbour, he can't see my plants, I'm growing inside a green pollytunnel, and the other side of the hedge is his garage, but he does spend a lot of time lurking, worried he might get a sniff of what I'm growing, but I will have to deal with consequences. From what I understand the growing tents are quite dear, not even sure where I could get one in the UK, will have a look. So how far off from flowering are they, any thoughts from the pics, the problem is as each week goes by its getting colder,
        if they get hit by a say 10 deg drop would they perish? I expect to go in one morning and see see all withered and ruined. Any more advice greatly appreciated.

Comment

based on the pistils alone I would say they need at least 3 more weeks, IMHO...as far as temps, I found this very helpful... https://www.growweedeasy.com/tempera...lowering-stage

Comment

Smell is going to be a problem. Count on it. That first pic looks like it's in week 3 and the second pic looks to be about week 6 to me. If you're not getting fresh air in and good circulation it could be slowing their development. I wouldn't worry much about a 10-15 degree temp drop causing harm. More likely it will slow them down.
            Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X