Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! White Widow X (day 30) flowering too early

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. Growing my first plant which is a White Widow Extreme Autoflower. I'm growing outdoor.

It seems yesterday (day 30) the plant has started to show white tips in the center which tells me this plant is about to commence flowering.

I'm worried that the plant has not grown nearly half as large as anticipated and I followed most basics, checking on the plant daily for insects and parasites, not over or under watering. Will the plant still get big even if flowering has started ar this small size?

Looking forward to asking advice and in the future giving advice in this forum.

I attached a photo of the plant at day 30
    Last edited by CharliKilo; 10-08-2019, 07:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to attach photo of flowering signs. (zoom to see)

Normal for an auto.

Comment

Im not sure where you are growing, but it's a little late in the season to do outside where im from if it's a photo. Right now is the time outdoor bud is supposed to flower because of the shorter days. If this is an auto-flowering strand they usually start to flower after 30 days but if you are in a place where it is winter then the days are not long enough to support the veg stage and your plant will flower. More than likely you won't get much from this plant if it is flowering and an auto. It should be 2 times as large at 30 days imo. It looks like it was stunted for whatever reason. What are you using as grow medium. soil or coco? What nutes are you giving it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
        Im not sure where you are growing, but it's a little late in the season to do outside where im from if it's a photo. Right now is the time outdoor bud is supposed to flower because of the shorter days. If this is an auto-flowering strand they usually start to flower after 30 days but if you are in a place where it is winter then the days are not long enough to support the veg stage and your plant will flower. More than likely you won't get much from this plant if it is flowering and an auto. It should be 2 times as large at 30 days imo. It looks like it was stunted for whatever reason. What are you using as grow medium. soil or coco? What nutes are you giving it?
        It's Spring in my country and based on research it's the best time to plant. No nutrients. Organic garden soil. It's possible the setup we built to grow might lose some UV due to shadows over the plant at some time of the day. There was also a cold front recently where it was a few days overcast with very little sunlight a week or so ago. The plant grew really slow in this period and it had me concerned at that point. It's my first grow so it's trial and error and youtube tutorials for me. I've actually made a note to purchase nitrogen and potassium next time I grow to enhance growth, so hopefully the next plant will be larger.

I'm sure I can get a harvest out of this one still in time to come right?
        Last edited by CharliKilo; 10-08-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Somehow i totally glossed over the fact that it is in fact an auto so disregard my previous comment lol. Yeah you may get a little. General rule is they double in size in flower. I think your problem is lack of nutrients. Depending on the soil you used it may not have enough nutrients for the plant. Check out this to see different types of nutrients https://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrients

Comment

cold weather would slow down growth, not enough sun would slow down growth...if it has started flowering keep watching for the stretch, it should be pretty obvious if she starts stretching. she looks healthy, though...good luck!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X