Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloudy trichs

Looks pretty close??!!!
    Last edited by GardenLady; 10-07-2019, 09:10 AM.

Kind of hard to see the tricromes in your pictures but from what I can see you are close. Do you have pictures of a branch or the whole plant.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I'd say get something that can go about 60-100x to get a clear shot on the trichomes; cant really tell from that far out.

Comment

Yeah sorry for the crappy photos. I can't get them off my Sony to show.

Comment

In my opinion....since trich development is such a critical component of a full grow, Get something to look into those areas to help make such an important decision after spending the entire summer going through all of the gyrations to get it this far. I bought a cheap loupe, and a few pricey ones, that seem to work equally well at 30x on amazon. They might have been $8.00 ?

I had decided to extend the harvest on a few plants to really get some extra amber trichs for sleep and it really took an extra 2 weeks for that process to continue. Without such critical examination of that change, I would have completed that too soon and be disappointed in the outcome. https://www.amazon.com/JARLINK-Illum...up%2Caps%2C148

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Farmall you are right, ole bud, worst thing you can do is harvest early,
            I got a BlueHaze,auto, that's ready now, on day 88, she's got about 10percent amber, but I'm still gonna wait another week or two. We are wanting some real bedtime-pain meds, this go around.
            Have a great week.
            GardenLady nice plant, you got, great job.
            Good Luck with your harvest! !
            HappyGrowing.

Oh wow. I will see if I can get a stronger loup..the one I gahaveve is only 10x. Thanks Farmall.fot the tip.

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Anytime my new friend! One thing to watch for. Since I was looking for amber, the first use had the light reflecting off of my palm and I ran into an amber goldmine. Yep, my eyes widened and I’d thought I’d hit the mother load. But NO, it was only a color reflection and did take a few weeks more. And I have also noticed with the USB microscopes....unless you can dim the onboard LED lights, the brilliance of the light reflects off of the crystal clear trichs and makes them look white...cloudy harvestable cloudy white.... but they’re not.

Oh wow. Thanks again Farmall . I ordered another microscope. With light. It's a Carson Microbrite Plus 60x-120x LED lighted pocket microscope. I think it was like $12. I hope it works. I watched a video with it . It might give me some great ideas for artwork. Looks like it would be fun to use anywhere.. anyway I should get it by tomorrow.. then hopefully check things out. I hope she is close. I don't want to harvest too soon......I want her a little more mellow but the weather is getting colder and with the girl in ground I can't move her to a more comfortable place..there will be a chance of frost this weekend. So I will cover her..but the days are supposed to be nice yet..but after that. Colder during the day to. I'm happy we haven't had a frost yet..
          oh I didn't see your post or link til after I ordered.. 😃

Comment

I went with this one after also first doing a regular loop.. this one was a tad more expensive, but wanted to see the images immediately on my phone. I do believe they had similar ones closer to 20-30$

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              I have this one but was not able to get the PC software to control the zoom or snap features... but the one I have from SiriusFourside recommendation works so well, that one is in storage for now

Oh that's nice. Is it easy to use? I'll look into it if the one I ordered doesn't do much. 😃 Thanks.
            Last edited by GardenLady; 10-08-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Farmall what does Sirius recommend? I looked but didn't see it.

Comment

during the classes in May and June....this is it

Comment

it's a SOB to keep a steady hand sometimes but if you can you'll get some great shots with that thing...

Comment

I take a bud clipping and lay it on the accompanying tablet and take a few steady pictures that way. Then to compare trichs, I just try like hell to steady it on the colas. Fairly easy to develop a one handed technique using it without the stand

Comment

• duckman
                      duckman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      nicely put, Farmall, there is a bit of a technique one needs to develop...I find it helps to have a quick release on the shutter button, as well, before I fall over and lose focus (so to speak) ;-)

Haha... I know exactly what you mean and once you use one of these, all of that makes sense

Comment

Thank you again Farmall...and Duckman..thanks for the chuckle😅😅

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X