Right temp for germinating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right temp for germinating

I have been told the temp for germinating is 70f to 78f now i have my timer on my heat mat set for 15 mins on then 15 mins off otherwise temp gets way to hot, so my temps still a bit warm but no higher than 82f i was wondering if 82f is still to hot or ok??

hey boed, i've never used a heating matt..started 9 out of ten seeds. the only oddball just wouldnt open, and i tried everything other than squishing the little sucker. Started all in my basement which is always below 70f. Drop them in a shot glass with 1/2 inch of water,soak for 8-15 hrs,then to a plate/paper towel/ set the plate on top of my modem or wifi router cause their always running and a little warm lol. make sure towel doesnt dry out and you should see sprouts in two days. good luck.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

boed 82 isn't too hot. I use a germination pad and I just go by the feel in the germination tray: if the bottom of the tray is nice and warm and the rooters stay slightly moist, I'm good to go.

I always try to germinate on the weekend so that I'll be around to check on them multiple times every day. I lower the temp of the pad slightly at night to make sure the rooters don't dry out overnight.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X